Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Ebuilds combining make and ant - any prior attempts?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skirk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:02 pm    Post subject: Ebuilds combining make and ant - any prior attempts? Reply with quote

Hi there, first post for me! I have been keeping a reasonably avid eye on the forums though, they're an invaluable help.

Anyway, on with the show. I've been working on an ebuild for netbeans. The current netbeans ebuild in the portage tree is a binary only version, which is ok, but not quite keeping with gentoo's source only approach. The reason I ended up making my own ebuild was because I needed the 3.4.1 development version of netbeans for my daily java work, but of course there wasn't a 3.4.1 ebuild, and 3.4.1 is constantly in development anyway and reasonably requires a java source ebuild, so I thought I would tinker.

My source ebuild now works, to a certain degree. It's lacking in a lot of automation but those problems can be overcome. However, one thing is that netbeans, being written in java, uses ant to compile. This is completely different from make. The problem is that even if the ant script fails, the ebuild doesn't think that the build process has broken, and reports the merge as sucessful. Has anybody got any idea how I might get the ebuild to realise that the ant build has broken?

Thanks for any help,
Si
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: