imap mail to local mail. spam removal
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lotas
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 12:40 am    Post subject: imap mail to local mail. spam removal Reply with quote

Ok. This is a bit of a strange question but ill ask it anyway. my server and workstation are running gentoo linux. the server acts as a gateway and mail server for the network. There is currently about 6500+ emails on the server in the inbox dir, a lot in others too. anyway, i want to use that new spam fighting tool that sees what you usually get in your mail and then if the mail doesent look simular to what you would usually get then its flaged as posible spam. its in mozilla 1.3a, but its also available as a stand alon app. the questioin is what do i need on the workstation to download all the mail to it, check it for spam and then move it into different dirs on the workstation? Im thinking of using this .maildir thingy, but would like to be able to use either mozilla mail or evolution for my mail client. procmail may be the answer but how do i set it up? I have send mail on the workstation, but whats needed in its configuratio files? any information would come in handy.
Thanks in advance and sorry for my babbling!
www.lsn-blog.tk
Dual Athlon 2Gz, 1Gb ram, 120Gb hdd, GeForce FX5200, DVD+R/-R/+RW/-RW, CDR/RW
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: