Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
World Of Warcraft Support UPDATED DEC31/06!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28, 29, 30  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elleni
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I had WoW up n running but didnt play it for a while. Now it downloaded a big patch and some smaller patches. After downloading I had to kill WoW.exe as patchs waited for files to close.

First patches installed ok, but now it freezes everytime I start the game and push the accept button (some anticheat blabla) right before login screen appears. I have to hardreset computer as keyboard doesnt work anymore.

This happens by starting the game with -opengl switch. When trying to start without opengl, I hear the sound of the game but no pic (so unfortunately I cannot push the accept button in non-opengl mode to proceed upgrading/patching).

Is this a known prob ? Any workaround ?

Last edited by Elleni on Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
bobber205
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elleni wrote:
Hello,

I had WoW up n running but didnt play it for a while. Now it downloaded a big patch (Burning Crusade) and one or two smaller patches. After downloading I had to kill WoW.exe as patchs waited for files to close.

First patches installed ok, but now it freezes everytime I start the game and push the accept button (some anticheat blabla) right before login screen appears. I have to hardreset computer as keyboard doesnt work anymore.

This happens by starting the game with -opengl switch. When trying to start without opengl, I hear the sound of the game but no pic (so unfortunately I cannot push the accept button in non-opengl mode to proceed upgrading/patching).

Is this a known prob ? Any workaround ?

To patch, you should be able to launch a vm of windows, open the game from your linux install (use samba) then update there. Also use the repair tool.
Elleni
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I m done with patching. Thanks for workaround via vm and samba.

Now I only have to find out about some random freezes with high graphical settings. When I disable Shaders and generally put minimalistic graphic settings (ingame/Config.wtf) the freezes are gone.

Edit: Found suitable settings, works like a charm now.
Edit2: Stable wine (0.9.39) doesn't hang on closing game.

Last edited by Elleni on Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:46 am; edited 2 times in total
biojayc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: sound problems I guess Reply with quote

I have wine installed and the game installed through wine, along with burning crusade. The game loads, and the blizzard logo comes up and then it closes and I get this:

Code:
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=6996 < primary_done=7000)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=6996 < primary_done=7000)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=4244 < primary_done=16384)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=4244 < primary_done=16384)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=9064 < primary_done=12288)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=9064 < primary_done=12288)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=4968 < primary_done=8192)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=5328 < primary_done=5336)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=10480 < primary_done=10484)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=10480 < primary_done=10484)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=4148 < primary_done=4152)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=4148 < primary_done=4152)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=4872 < primary_done=4876)
 <<tons more of the same >> ...
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=9456 < primary_done=12256)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=9456 < primary_done=12256)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=17832 < primary_done=18432)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=7780 < primary_done=7784)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=7780 < primary_done=7784)
err:d3d_draw:blt_to_drawable Blitting surfaces from sysmem not supported yet
Mesa 6.5.2 implementation error: i915_program_error: Exceeded max nr indirect texture lookups
Please report at bugzilla.freedesktop.org
DRM_I830_CMDBUFFER: -22
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=4004 < primary_done=4008)

any ideas?
CCMCornell
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got some problems after today's patch 2.2. I had to update to Wine 0.45 from 0.39 after low FPS and stuttering sound right after patching. Everything seems to run fine (except now WoW crashes on exit, seemingly to be fixed in 0.46) but I am having strange behavior with WoW continually taking focus after alt-tabbing or minimizing. Basically, I can't use any other apps while WoW is up because of it. The only other app I run under wine is Ventrilo and that doesn't seem to have the same problem - when I minimize it, it stays minimized (with or without WoW running.) My window manager is Fluxbox.
CCMCornell
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following advice to patch Wine to fix losing sound on alt-tabbing seems to have fixed my problem with WoW stealing focus incessantly: http://www.wowwiki.com/Linux/Wine#Sound_stops_working_after_alt-tabbing_out

However, I still have the problem of WoW losing sound on losing focus :(.
CRV§ADER//KY
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having serious problems with WoW 2.2. I used to run WoW 2.1 with wine 0.9.4 without a problem.
Now, wine 0.9.4 gets stuck at the loading screen (i've already tried removing all AddOns) and I've been forced to upgrade to wine 0.9.5, which in turn is incompatible with ArkInventory, a definitely critical addon (if i click on the inventory, everything freezes).
Plus, there's *some* unidentified addon that still makes everything freeze at loading.

WoW freezes on exit for me, too, but that's definitely a minor issue.
c_m
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
i have the same problem: WoW freezes while loading.

Atm i'm reemerging Wine ( i use the Git-version).

I hope that fixes the Problem.

//EDIT:
Ok, updating to wine-9999 (wine-0.9.45) solved the Problem for me. :-D
CCMCornell
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the Git version?

I'm still having problems with losing sound after alt-tabbing. I've tried changing all the sound settings, switching to XP mode in winecfg and a bunch of other stuff I saw around. The strange thing is, some time later, rather unexpectantly, WoW seems to get sound back, but in a strange way. I hear a string of numerous sound effects, almost as if all the sounds that I missed were strung together and suddenly played back.
CRV§ADER//KY
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first thing, try disabling all your AddOns.
Scoody
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My findings so far, not all confirmed as I don't want to mess too much with it :)
- Fixing the sound stuttering in the 2.2.0 patch was to set the resolution down to 1024x768 from 1280x1024 (which ran perfectly fine before the patch with most of the effects enabled :cry:)
- Alt-TAB issue seemed to go away when I decided to run WoW in windowed mode
Majlo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CCMCornell wrote:

However, I still have the problem of WoW losing sound on losing focus :(.

Go to Sound settings and tick Enable Sound in Background .This works for me
bobber205
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated WoW using Virtualbox and the game is playing great. However I do not hae any sound with all sound enabled... Any ideas?

Switched to using alsa-drivers ebuild instead. nothing built in. however the sound has weird distortion effects most of the time. I am using wine 0.9.39
Schizoid
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new system with wine 0.9.46 and Wow is now installed.

It plays fine, but there is some sort of memory leak and within a few minutes it has used all my memory and locks up and I have to kill it.

Code:

patrick@Gohan ~ $ wine c:/Program\ Files/World\ of\ Warcraft/WoW.exe

<snip>

err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7efeca00 "server.c: fd_cache_section" wait timed out in thread 0013, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7efeca00 "server.c: fd_cache_section" wait timed out in thread 001b, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
wine: Critical section 7efeca00 wait failed at address 0x7ef9bda0 (thread 001b), starting debugger...
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7efeca00 "server.c: fd_cache_section" wait timed out in thread 0013, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7efeca00 "server.c: fd_cache_section" wait timed out in thread 001b, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000194 flags 0 addr 0x7ef9bda0
patrick@Gohan ~ $

Any ideas?
bobber205
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try wine 0.9.39. It doesn't do that to me anyway and however my sound is kind of crappy.
Schizoid
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobber205 wrote:
Try wine 0.9.39. It doesn't do that to me anyway and however my sound is kind of crappy.

Just gave that a shot. It still locks up after a few minutes.
CRV§ADER//KY
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schizoid wrote:
Any ideas?

Try disabling all and every plugins.
CRV§ADER//KY
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just upgraded to wine 0.9.46 and updated all the plugins with WowAceUpdater.... and IT WORKS AGAIN perfectly! woot!
Schizoid
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRV§ADER//KY wrote:
Schizoid wrote:
Any ideas?

I am not sure what you mean. Wine has plugins?
Schizoid
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRV§ADER//KY wrote:
Schizoid wrote:
Any ideas?

Doh, you probably mean WoW plugins, right? I don't have any of those. This is all a very fresh installation.

How exactly do I get winedbg to work? If I try to invoke it with "winedbg --autio 18212" where 18212 is the pid of the running WoW.exe I just get Can't attach process 4724: error 87. That isn't much help. If I try to do winedbg WoW.exe it just goes straight into the debugger command line.
bobber205
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the best luck doing everything except running WoW (installing updating etc) with running it in a virtual machine and just saving wine to run the game.
bobber205
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the last couple patches been getting

Code:

fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=6400 < primary_done=11232)

This continually runs all the time. I've turned sound off. I listen to music while playing anyway. Weird thing is I get artificats frequently while playing.

Not a big deal... What version of wine should I upgrade to? (I am using alsa-drivers not inkernel stuff)
daktak
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found 0.9.46 to be the best wine to run WoW under so far...
Schizoid
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daktak wrote:

WoW locks up very quickly with any of the 0.9.4x series of wine builds. 0.9.39 locks up as well, but it will at least run for a few minutes before doing so.

Very frustrating!
bobber205
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schizoid wrote:
daktak wrote:

WoW locks up very quickly with any of the 0.9.4x series of wine builds. 0.9.39 locks up as well, but it will at least run for a few minutes before doing so.

Very frustrating!

Do you have any more info? Video drivers etc?
What errors are you getting?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 21 of 30

Jump to: