Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
World Of Warcraft Support UPDATED DEC31/06!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master Shake
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuja wrote:
the game runs fine for me, however, some issues:
1. until i reniced the process to 19 i was getting massive FPS drops every 10 seconds or so, is there a better way then renicing? googled around and just found this
2. anyone else having the issue that an SMT kernel produces a critical error?

wine-0.9.60, 2.6.25-gentoo-r1

Yup same problem here. Every 10 seconds or so the fps will bomb down to 8fps or so down from 60. I have a Core 2 Quad 6600 and a GeForce 8800GTX running x86_64 gentoo. Wine version 0.9.60 and 2.6.25-gentoo-r1. I tried changing the scheduler but that didn't work. I'm going to try compiling it with gcc 4.3 and see if that'll solve it. I can tell you that I did not have this issue when ubuntu was running on this comp yesterday (got rid of it b/c gentoo is better imho).
P35 Chipset
4 Gigs 800mhz 4-4-4-12
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX @ 630mhz
anweshkumar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: hii Reply with quote

Game is running just fine for me, on both of my computers.
cipherus
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game has been running fine for me for months with cedega. I get an average of 32-59 fps with many settings on high. 2ghz core2duo with a radeon x1700.

Recently though I have tried changing the resolution to something larger, and aside from having to do it in the Config.wtf file (because changing it in game will crash and do nothing), I am running into a minor problem. When I select a widescreen aspect ratio, the initial load of the game (after selecting a character) goes reeeeaally slow. But then after that, loading new areas such as going into an instance or using hearthstone works at normal speed. Normally this wouldn't really bother me, but having 2 characters I switch between often many times in a row to craft and trade items, having a 2+ minute loading time is a real pain.

Anyone else experience this?
CCMCornell
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to do some preplanning on building a new system. About the most demanding thing I do is WoW. Right now, I have an Athlon Barton 3000+, 2GB PC3200 and an NVidia 7800 GS 256MB. I usually run at minimal settings at the native 1680x1050 of my monitor and get 20-30 FPS in 5-man and 10-man instances (which is acceptable to me) but in 25-mans my frame rates often drop below 10 FPS. I still manage to perform well compared to raid mates via the meters but its a painful experience and I often DIAF to AOE effects that are turned down via the spell effects setting.

If I wanted to get say 30 FPS or so even in a large raid instance on a Gentoo system with WoW under Wine, where should I start looking as far as hardware (processor, RAM, video card, etc.)? I've checked out some hardware review sites but they don't benchmark with WoW and their systems are always Windows-based.
kabage
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Evga 8800 GTS 512 KO edition Reply with quote

I've been running 60 FPS maxed out on everything. Though yesterday in outlands was bogging down to 30 fps guess because so busy.
But then since I cant even log in today on web site or realms I guess they are having issues.

I just built this system
Evga 750i nforce Mobo
4 Gb Reaper 1066 DDR2
Q6600 Intel Quad core (o/c to 3000) instead of stock 2400
the Video Card listed above
Swifttech h220 watercooling
UltraX2 750w power supply

I'm very happy and have poseted some benchmarks at http://global.phoronix-test-suite.com/index.php?k=results
I did have to upgrade the bios, very easy with a cd iso. But have read some have had trouble with the onboard raid which i'm not using.
The 8800 GTS does seem to require i run nvidia-settings or makes a weird noise. (Not sure if power supply or video card fan)
but did find work around.

Anyway probably anysystem with decent video card should do you.
I am running wine-1 rc something or other.

On the side where is world of warcraft all sites down realm web anybody have some info or blog sites that know what the problem is?
xbox360gurl70s
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have anyone got a copy of the latest Star Craft 2 yet? is it running well for Gentoo?

please share your experiences
scsystems
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running the latest of everything in gentoo. I have recently reloaded my machine. Last year when I ran wine with wow in windowed mode I had no problem at all. Now, I get 100% cpu usage with X and my redraw on browsers, terminal or anything else is horrible. It takes about 10 seconds to switch desktops. Wow runs fine, but my X environment is horrible. Has anyone else experienced this? See https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-5062208.html#5062208 for my configurations and such.

Thanks.
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a long period of it not working, I finally got it working on my Intel G965 (X3000)/Core2 Duo E6700/Wine 1.1.

Seems after making sure DRI works (had to recompile kernel), needed to disable GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object in wine; in config.wtf, disable the vertex shaders (SET UseVertexShaders "0" and SET M2UseShaders "0"); and also in config.wtf, set the UI acceleration mode down (SET UIFaster "2"). The game will then finally run in D3D mode without any glitches as far as I can tell. It's pretty slow though, getting about 8FPS in Lower City by the rep reward vendor. I don't think raiding with it is realistic, but for some stuff it may be OK.

Anyone know of a good place to walk to, to benchmark video (and get a fairly stable FPS number?) Lower City in Shattrath is the place that I found to really stress the video without walking too far and not depend on lots of people being there (even worse when there are!)
Growlizing
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone tried with ATI-cards? ;)
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried on my Radeon 9000M with the OSS driver, it's even slower than the G965 but seems to work fine in D3D mode.

On my Radeon HD 3650 with FGLRX, it's fast, but the minimap does not work indoors, and I have to use OpenGL. Not very good IMHO. Waiting for OSS driver...

My GeForce4 MX420 is also slow as heck but the Nvidia driver works perfectly (D3D mode).
bl00dseeker
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, wine and wow work nearly perfect. I just have an strange mouse issue. I use OpenGL and have a nvidia card, when i use opengl the mouse seems to be laggy. In the rest of the X desktop, it is fine, just in wow, the mouse seems to have a small delay or something like this. So i have problems with aiming. The delay is not big but u notice it.

Anyone a idea what the reason might be for this problem and is there a solution except, switching to D3D?
thx
bungernut
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Beta support Reply with quote

I've noticed mouse lag when i have had my mouse pluged into certain USB ports, i can only suggest trying a differnet one.

I have run WoW and BT for ages on linux using traditional old wine and gentoo. It had worked perfectly outperforming the exact same hardward running windows, even made it possible to run it on computers that could hardly even play in Winders.

However i wanted to say that open BETA has come out and its time to get it working in gentoo. I've started a thread (since i dident see one previously) here for BETA support only:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-5181504.html#5181504
Pizentios
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Shake wrote:
Kuja wrote:
the game runs fine for me, however, some issues:
1. until i reniced the process to 19 i was getting massive FPS drops every 10 seconds or so, is there a better way then renicing? googled around and just found this
2. anyone else having the issue that an SMT kernel produces a critical error?

wine-0.9.60, 2.6.25-gentoo-r1

Yup same problem here. Every 10 seconds or so the fps will bomb down to 8fps or so down from 60. I have a Core 2 Quad 6600 and a GeForce 8800GTX running x86_64 gentoo. Wine version 0.9.60 and 2.6.25-gentoo-r1. I tried changing the scheduler but that didn't work. I'm going to try compiling it with gcc 4.3 and see if that'll solve it. I can tell you that I did not have this issue when ubuntu was running on this comp yesterday (got rid of it b/c gentoo is better imho).

I am also experiencing this problem. i am running wine version 1.1.3 (according to wine --version), and kernel version 2.6.25-gentoo-r7. I have also tried changing the scheduler (before i found this thread) and a few different methods of nicing the process. I have even tried running WoW in a dedicated X server. I have had WoW running just fine before on this system before (running linux and wine), both under linux and windows xp. When i did have it running before under linux i had no issues at all. I can't remember the version number of wine i was running before (nor the kernel version), but i can't but help wondering if there is a new bug?

Has anybody been able to make any progress on this issue?

Thanks.
Pizentios
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Figured out my problems. Reply with quote

Hello,

Just tried a tweak i found on the wowwiki linux/wine trouble shooting section. It's seemed to fix the issues i talked about in my last post. The instructions aren't for gentoo (they use abs and some other package tools) but it's not hard to make it work. Here's what i did:

I copied my kernel source to root's home dir, just incase the tweak messed something up (paranoia is your friend).
Code:

# cd /usr/src/
# cp -r linux-2.6.25-gentoo-r7 ~
# cd ~/linux-2.6.25-gentoo-r7
# vi .config

Edit the line that says "# CONFIG_SCHED_DEBUG is not set" and change it to say "CONFIG_SCHED_DEBUG=y" (without the quotes).
save the file.
Code:

# make && make modules_install
# mount /boot
# cp arch/x86/boot/bzImage /boot/kernel-2.6.25-gentoo-r7-tweak

Next we need to edit the sysctl.conf file (located in the /etc dir).
add these lines to the bottom of the file:
Code:

# World of Warcraft stutter and flickering line fix
kernel.sched_features=21
kernel.sched_batch_wakeup_granularity_ns=25000000
kernel.sched_min_granularity_ns=4000000

now the last thing to do is update your grub configuration.
Edit your grub.conf file and add a new option for the new kernel we just made.
run grub-install --no-floppy /dev/sda (replace sda with the location of your MBR) or manually install the new records into your MBR.

reboot your computer and when you see the grub screen select the kernel that we just compiled.
Run WoW, it should fix the issues it did for me.

It should be noted that they claim (on the wowwiki) that the dirty way to fix this issue is to nice the WoW process to 19. I however didn't have any luck using nice to get the glitch to leave my install of WoW.

This would be a good item to add to the gentoo wiki section about troubleshooting WoW and Wine. Hope this helps the other people around here having this issue. IF anybody wants to read the orginal instructions on the wowwiki please see this here link

Thanks,

[Edit]
Just realized that somebody posted a similar link above, I should have read his post a little better it would have saved me some time lol
[/Edit]
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone get client 3.0,2 working (pre-WotLK/tBC Final)?

I had a working 2.4.3 setup but after patching, all I get is a black screen on my G965 :-(
DeathAndTaxes
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it working, but performance is so amazingly terrible that I had to drop raid altogether. I've gone from mid-forties to 2-4 FPS on Kalecgos.
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it working on both of my closed source machines *sigh* - my Nvidia GF4MX420 machine as well as my ATI RadeonHD... Still no luck on my Intel G965.
Paranoid23
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I have never solved (and nobody seems to solve this) is using xbindkeys to map a mouse button to a keyboard key.

So far so good, only i usually strafe, by holding my right mouse button. Holding the right mouse button and simultaneously pressing another mouse button causes the state of the mouse button to change and it is not sent anymore to xbindkeys. Pressing the other mouse key, without holding the "strafe" button works fine though. Pretty annoying in pvp though
Paranoid23
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paranoid23 wrote:
One thing I have never solved (and nobody seems to solve this) is using xbindkeys to map a mouse button to a keyboard key.

So far so good, only i usually strafe, by holding my right mouse button. Holding the right mouse button and simultaneously pressing another mouse button causes the state of the mouse button to change and it is not sent anymore to xbindkeys. Pressing the other mouse key, without holding the "strafe" button works fine though. Pretty annoying in pvp though

Solved by setting mouse to "mouse" driver instead of evdev and using evrouter. Finally!
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though it still hangs frequently on startup, finally got 3.0.2 to work on my G965 in OpenGL mode (Wine 1.1.7). Unfortunately in D3D mode, it complains about some unimplemented features...
sdunne
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone trying to install WOTLK from DVD, you will need to use the unhide option when mounting the DVD. If you don't you will only see Installer.exe and the directx directory and none of the .mpq files.

Code:

mount -o ro,unhide /dev/hda /mnt/cdrom

This appears to be related to the application of the DOS style hidden or H attribute to the mpq files, which is visible when DVD is examined from a windo$e box.

Last edited by sdunne on Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Polynomial-C
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed. Without this unhide option the installer won't start properly.

[edit]
By the way... on systems without sys-apps/hal installed/running, users will have more problems to read the content of this DVD as the UDF-filesystem keeps all data with UID=501,GID=20

I had to use this mount-command:
Code:
mount -t udf -o uid=$(id -u myusername),gid=$(id -g myusername),ro,unhide /dev/dvd /mnt/dvd
Just replace myusername with your real username ;)
[/edit]

my portage overlay

Need a stage1 tarball? (Unofficial builds)
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed that the unhide and uid change are needed.

The WotLK DVD patched my working 3.0.3-Burning Crusade Linux install just fine, and appears to function properly on my NVidia GF4MX420 card. I'm glad I saved the two 3.0.2 and 3.0.3 patches as they're needed again... Apparently the same one is used for WotLK and BC-final.
tabanus
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get Wrath of the Lich King to install. Having copied all the files to a new folder on the Desktop, and run the installer from there I get:

Code:
$ wine Installer.exe
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1 func=0 method=0)
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1 func=0 method=0)
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (60000): STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT 60000
fixme:powrprof:DllMain (0x7daf0000, 1, (nil)) not fully implemented
fixme:ntdll:NtPowerInformation semi-stub: SystemPowerCapabilities
fixme:ntdll:NtPowerInformation Unimplemented NtPowerInformation action: 11
fixme:powrprof:DllMain (0x7daf0000, 0, (nil)) not fully implemented
fixme:font:CreateScalableFontResourceW (1,L"C:\\windows\\temp\\Blizzard\\Installer_BFBD4215\\FrizQuadrata.fot",L"C:\\windows\\temp\\Blizzard\\Installer_BFBD4215\\FrizQuadrata.ttf",(null)): stub
fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x141368,0x141268): stub
err:dsalsa:DSDB_CreateMMAP Can't map sound device for direct access: File descriptor in bad state
fixme:dsalsa:CheckXRUN Unhandled state: 0
wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x7d6e2000 at address 0xf7cba297 (thread 0024), starting debugger...
Unhandled exception: page fault on write access to 0x7d6e2000 in 32-bit code (0xf7cba297).
Register dump:
 CS:0023 SS:002b DS:002b ES:002b FS:0063 GS:006b
 EIP:f7cba297 ESP:7dc088c8 EBP:7dc089a8 EFLAGS:00210246(   - 00      -RIZP1)
 EAX:00000000 EBX:7d91aff4 ECX:00004000 EDX:00000000
 ESI:00000001 EDI:7d6e2000
Stack dump:
0x7dc088c8:  00000000 7d8fdf92 7d6e2000 00000000
0x7dc088d8:  00010000 00000000 f7d82410 00000000
0x7dc088e8:  00000000 00000000 00000000 00000001
0x7dc088f8:  7dc08968 7dc08958 7efec380 00000001
0x7dc08908:  7dc08958 7dc092fc 7ef9e570 00000000
0x7dc08918:  7efe3ff4 7e515980 001411dc 00000dfb
Backtrace:
=>1 0xf7cba297 memset+0x37() in libc.so.6 (0x7dc089a8)
  2 0x7d875d0f in winmm (+0x25d0f) (0x7dc08a18)
  3 0x7efc547e call_thread_entry_point+0xe() in ntdll (0x7dc08a28)
  4 0x7efc5b32 in ntdll (+0x55b32) (0x7dc08ac8)
  5 0x7efc5d43 in ntdll (+0x55d43) (0x7dc093b8)
  6 0xf7d8118b start_thread+0xcb() in libpthread.so.0 (0x7dc094b8)
  7 0xf7d0f13e __clone+0x5e() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
0xf7cba297 memset+0x37 in libc.so.6: repe stosl %es:(%edi)
Modules:
Module  Address                 Debug info      Name (87 modules)
PE        400000-  5c1000       Deferred        installer
ELF     7bf00000-7bf04000       Deferred        <wine-loader>
ELF     7d6f2000-7d707000       Deferred        midimap<elf>
  \-PE  7d700000-7d707000       \               midimap
ELF     7d707000-7d730000       Deferred        msacm32<elf>
  \-PE  7d710000-7d730000       \               msacm32
ELF     7d730000-7d739000       Deferred        librt.so.1
ELF     7d739000-7d7e9000       Deferred        libasound.so.2
ELF     7d7f0000-7d808000       Deferred        msacm32<elf>
  \-PE  7d800000-7d808000       \               msacm32
ELF     7d808000-7d83e000       Deferred        winealsa<elf>
  \-PE  7d810000-7d83e000       \               winealsa
ELF     7d83e000-7d8d2000       Export          winmm<elf>
  \-PE  7d850000-7d8d2000       \               winmm
ELF     7d8d2000-7d91d000       Deferred        dsound<elf>
  \-PE  7d8e0000-7d91d000       \               dsound
ELF     7dd1b000-7dd30000       Deferred        lz32<elf>
  \-PE  7dd20000-7dd30000       \               lz32
ELF     7dd30000-7dd4a000       Deferred        version<elf>
  \-PE  7dd40000-7dd4a000       \               version
ELF     7e07d000-7e0d4000       Deferred        riched20<elf>
  \-PE  7e090000-7e0d4000       \               riched20
ELF     7e171000-7e1a6000       Deferred        uxtheme<elf>
  \-PE  7e180000-7e1a6000       \               uxtheme
ELF     7e1a6000-7e1b0000       Deferred        libxcursor.so.1
ELF     7e1b0000-7e1b6000       Deferred        libxfixes.so.3
ELF     7e1b6000-7e1ba000       Deferred        libxcomposite.so.1
ELF     7e1ba000-7e1c1000       Deferred        libxrandr.so.2
ELF     7e1c1000-7e1ca000       Deferred        libxrender.so.1
ELF     7e1ca000-7e1eb000       Deferred        imm32<elf>
  \-PE  7e1d0000-7e1eb000       \               imm32
ELF     7e1eb000-7e2d7000       Deferred        libx11.so.6
ELF     7e2d7000-7e2e6000       Deferred        libxext.so.6
ELF     7e2e6000-7e2fe000       Deferred        libice.so.6
ELF     7e2fe000-7e307000       Deferred        libsm.so.6
ELF     7e307000-7e313000       Deferred        libgcc_s.so.1
ELF     7e313000-7e319000       Deferred        libnss_dns.so.2
ELF     7e323000-7e326000       Deferred        iso8859-1.so
ELF     7e326000-7e3bf000       Deferred        winex11<elf>
  \-PE  7e340000-7e3bf000       \               winex11
ELF     7e3da000-7e3fb000       Deferred        libexpat.so.1
ELF     7e3fb000-7e425000       Deferred        libfontconfig.so.1
ELF     7e425000-7e438000       Deferred        libz.so.1
ELF     7e438000-7e4b3000       Deferred        libfreetype.so.6
ELF     7e4b3000-7e4d6000       Deferred        mpr<elf>
  \-PE  7e4c0000-7e4d6000       \               mpr
ELF     7e4d6000-7e526000       Deferred        wininet<elf>
  \-PE  7e4e0000-7e526000       \               wininet
ELF     7e526000-7e60e000       Deferred        oleaut32<elf>
  \-PE  7e540000-7e60e000       \               oleaut32
ELF     7e60e000-7e620000       Deferred        libresolv.so.2
ELF     7e620000-7e640000       Deferred        iphlpapi<elf>
  \-PE  7e630000-7e640000       \               iphlpapi
ELF     7e640000-7e6a6000       Deferred        rpcrt4<elf>
  \-PE  7e650000-7e6a6000       \               rpcrt4
ELF     7e6a6000-7e7b4000       Deferred        ole32<elf>
  \-PE  7e6c0000-7e7b4000       \               ole32
ELF     7e7b4000-7e877000       Deferred        comctl32<elf>
  \-PE  7e7c0000-7e877000       \               comctl32
ELF     7e877000-7e8d3000       Deferred        shlwapi<elf>
  \-PE  7e890000-7e8d3000       \               shlwapi
ELF     7e8d3000-7e9fe000       Deferred        shell32<elf>
  \-PE  7e8f0000-7e9fe000       \               shell32
ELF     7e9fe000-7ea9c000       Deferred        gdi32<elf>
  \-PE  7ea10000-7ea9c000       \               gdi32
ELF     7ea9c000-7ebe5000       Deferred        user32<elf>
  \-PE  7eac0000-7ebe5000       \               user32
ELF     7ebe5000-7ec3a000       Deferred        advapi32<elf>
  \-PE  7ebf0000-7ec3a000       \               advapi32
ELF     7ec3a000-7ec44000       Deferred        libnss_files.so.2
ELF     7ec44000-7ec4e000       Deferred        libnss_nis.so.2
ELF     7ec4e000-7ec65000       Deferred        libnsl.so.1
ELF     7edd9000-7ef13000       Deferred        kernel32<elf>
  \-PE  7edf0000-7ef13000       \               kernel32
ELF     7ef13000-7ef39000       Deferred        libm.so.6
ELF     7ef3b000-7ef41000       Deferred        libxxf86vm.so.1
ELF     7ef41000-7ef45000       Deferred        libxinerama.so.1
ELF     7ef58000-7f000000       Export          ntdll<elf>
  \-PE  7ef70000-7f000000       \               ntdll
ELF     f7c40000-f7c46000       Deferred        libxdmcp.so.6
ELF     f7c48000-f7c4c000       Deferred        libdl.so.2
ELF     f7c4c000-f7d7c000       Export          libc.so.6
ELF     f7d7c000-f7d93000       Export          libpthread.so.0
ELF     f7d94000-f7d98000       Deferred        libxau.so.6
ELF     f7d98000-f7da0000       Deferred        libnss_compat.so.2
ELF     f7db2000-f7ee8000       Deferred        libwine.so.1
ELF     f7ee9000-f7f05000       Deferred        ld-linux.so.2
Threads:
process  tid      prio (all id:s are in hex)
        00000009    0
0000000c
        00000019    0
        00000015    0
        00000013    0
        00000012    0
        0000000e    0
        0000000d    0
0000000f
        00000014    0
        00000011    0
        00000010    0
        0000001a    0
        00000018    0
        00000017    0
0000001b (D) C:\windows\temp\Blizzard Installer Bootstrap - 00000134\Installer.exe
        00000024   15 <==
        00000022    0
        00000020    0
        0000001f    0
        0000001c    0
0000001d
        0000001e    0
Backtrace:
=>1 0xf7cba297 memset+0x37() in libc.so.6 (0x7dc089a8)
  2 0x7d875d0f in winmm (+0x25d0f) (0x7dc08a18)
  3 0x7efc547e call_thread_entry_point+0xe() in ntdll (0x7dc08a28)
  4 0x7efc5b32 in ntdll (+0x55b32) (0x7dc08ac8)
  5 0x7efc5d43 in ntdll (+0x55d43) (0x7dc093b8)
  6 0xf7d8118b start_thread+0xcb() in libpthread.so.0 (0x7dc094b8)
  7 0xf7d0f13e __clone+0x5e() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)

I think the important line is:
Code:
wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x7d6e2000 at address 0xf7cba297 (thread 0024), starting debugger...
Unhandled exception: page fault on write access to 0x7d6e2000 in 32-bit code (0xf7cba297).

I cant proceed beyond the inital launcher screen, because it just freezes. Using wine version 1.1.18, amd64
Polynomial-C
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tabanus wrote:
Code:
fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x141368,0x141268): stub
err:dsalsa:DSDB_CreateMMAP Can't map sound device for direct access: File descriptor in bad state
fixme:dsalsa:CheckXRUN Unhandled state: 0

Run winecfg and deactivate sound in the audio section until you have finished installation. I had the same problem on my sister's machine and her snd_cs46xx driven soundcard.

my portage overlay

Need a stage1 tarball? (Unofficial builds)
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 25 of 30

Jump to: