QT Assitant doesn't work after emerge
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kartoffel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:14 pm    Post subject: QT Assitant doesn't work after emerge Reply with quote

I posted this message to the qt newsgroup but they weren't any help.

So since I emerged it from portage I'll try posting it here for some help. Note that it does work on my desktop but it is full of other applications that may help fix the problem.

I get the following error when trying to run assistant.

QTextBrowser: no mimesource for assistant.html

assistant loads and the little books on the left are there but the webpages don't show up. Everytime I click on a book I get the same message but a different html file.

The only reference to this problem I found came from not setting qtdir. Well echo $QTDIR gives what I expect and I can compile programs just fine and the documentation is there.

I'm using gentoo linux with a small installation on my laptop and I don't have a web browser intsalled maybe this is related to the problem? That's about all I can figure because my desktop has gentoo on it but it has a ton more applications (mozilla, galeon, kde gnome) so that may be it. Also I don't have KDE or Gnome installed on my laptop but I shouldn't need them or
want them.

help,
Jeff
Artcfox
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Qt Assistant Unavailable Reply with quote

I do have KDE installed, and Mozilla, but when I tried running Qt Assistant, it popped up with a series of error messages about not being able to find certain files, and now it launches without any errors, it just doesn't display anything!

FWIW: When I compiled and installed Qt from scratch (on my Debian system) it was able to find everything. Would compiling from scratch on my Gentoo achieve the same thing without messing anything up?

This is my first experience with Gentoo.

--Matt
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: