Where is the passwd command?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
odaneurr
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Where is the passwd command? Reply with quote

Ok, this is the second time in a year, that I have tired to install gentoo on a sparc. The first time was sucessful on a u5 now I am installing on a u60 and a u10.

So here is the snag... I can not find the passwd command.... did I miss something in the installation howto's ?

I have done a find on the system: nothing. I have searched the forums for an answer, and I seem to be the only one with this perplexing problem.

I am running, it off a 2004.2 min iso. Any tips or sugesstions would be greatly appreciated.
odaneurr
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Where is the passwd command? FOUND! :) Reply with quote

Never mind my orginal post. For whatever reason the utils did not get installed, and I did a emerge shadow and that installed. For some reason this was not caught in the original emerge system.

Anyone know why?

Judge Aaron Satie
Lacrymology
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, but I had the same problem. Emerging shadow right now, to see if it fixes it. Just an idea, did you have any sanity problems with /etc/cpp and use some of the solutions posted in the forums? I did, and was thinking that some of those "alternative" emerging could have skipped.

-----------
yes, it worked.

uhm.. I am the kind that does things first and asks-reads later. My system wont survive me long, but thats OK, I guess.. I learn a lot like this anyways. So now that Ive done it, I ask.. what is shadow?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: