View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pablored
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 7:33 pm    Post subject: waimea - blackbox improved? Reply with quote

Wow.

Blackbox with beautiful fonts, and transparancy... yet somehow still within a tiny amount of memory.

The homepage even has 'powered by gentoo linux' in a screenshot.

Now I just need to make some visual mods, and find that pager.

Who else is using this? Any hints to help get me going?
Jeevz
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackbox is great. You might also want to check out Fluxbox. It is based on BB with some improvements.
tsuru
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 9:20 pm    Post subject: alt+mouse Reply with quote

does waimea hardcode the Alt+MOUSE buttons like fluxbox does? I liked fluxbox until I hit that wall... I have to be able to use 3D apps like Maya, and wings3d and WMs are instantly canned if I can't change the mapping of Alt+Mouse buttons. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat.
pablored
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything seems changeable in the .waimearc config file, actions and behaviours. It is supposed to be possible to make it behave like any other window manager... a little complicated though (like most powerful things).

e.g. Event modifiers
shiftmask
lockmask
controlmask
mod[1-5]mask
button[1-5]mask
moveresizemask

Should be able to sort out that Alt+Mouse problem, but it is enabled by default. Your friend here is 'man waimea'

I have been running fluxbox for some weeks, but dabbled in fvwm yesterday... switched to an alpha blackbox this morning and here I am now. Indecision. Anything but what i need to be doing....LOL

I do like the look of this WM, might even try and create an ebuild of that wampager (although I have never tried writing one before).
Kaali
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: alt+mouse Reply with quote

tsuru wrote:
does waimea hardcode the Alt+MOUSE buttons like fluxbox does? I liked fluxbox until I hit that wall... I have to be able to use 3D apps like Maya, and wings3d and WMs are instantly canned if I can't change the mapping of Alt+Mouse buttons. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat.

I had this problem when i was trying out Fluxbox. Well, the solution for me was to change the modifier key from the sources and compile.. god bless opensource :D
(Change from Window.cc arounc 833 line XGrapButton(display, Button?, Mod1Mask... to Mod2Mask ... if you need more specific info just ask)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: