ld.so.conf altered after xorg-x11 upgrade
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpdillon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: ld.so.conf altered after xorg-x11 upgrade Reply with quote

I just ran an emerge xorg-x11 to update to the latest version of X.Org and when I tried startx, I got a bunch of missing libraries...

After some sleuthing, I determined the packages and libraries were installed, but there was no entry in ld.so.conf for /usr/X11R6/lib64. When I inserted it by hand, and ran ldconfig, everything ran smoothly.

The question is, why did emerging xorg-x11 take /usr/X11R6/lib64 out of ld.so.conf? Every time I emerge something now, its going to take it out and I'll have to put it back in.

Any ideas?

I have another problem with missing mail in Thunderbird 0.8, but that's a topic for anoher post... :)
perle
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Have the same problem Reply with quote

I have the exact same problem. Even after emerging xorg -r1. I have no clue why this happened, but I did find an old bug in bugzilla where the same problem occured with xfree-4.3.99.902 (or at least I think it was the same problem). See https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=36473
PuckPoltergeist
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that xorg-x11-6.8 installs some files to /usr/X11R6/lib and some to /usr/X11R6/lib64 instead of installing all to /usr/X11R6/lib64 and creating an symlink to /usr/X11R6. Moving all files/directories from /usr/X11R6/lib to /usr/X11R6/lib64 and creating the symlink by hand should by a simple workaround.
perle
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Workaround works Reply with quote

The suggested workaround works. Thanks!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: