Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Enemy Territory hangs after 20 minutes of playing (fixed)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joost
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Enemy Territory hangs after 20 minutes of playing (fixed) Reply with quote

I have a problem with Enemy Territory, because it freezes after 20 minutes when I play this game, also the scroll lock and caps lock keeps flashing. (That's probably a kernel-panic)

I use the folowing software

nvidia-glx 1.0.6111
nvidia-kernel 1.0.6111
enemy-territory 2.56-r2
gentoo-sources 2.4.26-r9

I also have added "Load glx" to my XF86Config and removed the "load dbe" my

Hardware:
video-card: nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400

Can anybody help me?

Last edited by joost on Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
ep98
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for sure is not kernel panic :)

this is happend all the time with my 10 (systems) all the time, 1st u're maybe have the worst Gf2 in the world (the names are AXLE and Manli) both of them are yellow scrap, with lowered consumation of power and withou fan on them, when u play Enemy Territory or UT G.O.T.Y. it will happen again and again, cos this two games use the cards to the max....

.... the cards rise the temperature on the GPU, and the card freeze, u have to switch off the system for a while (about 30-45 minutes), that to turn it on and to play about another 30 minutes before to stop again.

Upgrade the card, or use this system only for work :)

GeForce 2MX400/64RAM, 64bits is worst than Riva TNT M64

Try enemy territory in XPSP2, in 800x600x32@75Hz for 30 minutes and u will get kernel panic too :)
joost
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was overheating, after putting a fan on my NVidia Geforce. I could play for around 40 minutes.... so that wasn't a good sollution. I even underclocked my GF2, but that also didn't work. It gave me some extra minutes before overheating.

So I searched serveral forums and I found an option within Enemy Terrory. It was setting the option "com_maxfps" to a lower number. After setting this option to 30, I could play for several hours.....
ep98
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joost wrote:
Yes it was overheating, after putting a fan on my NVidia Geforce. I could play for around 40 minutes.... so that wasn't a good sollution. I even underclocked my GF2, but that also didn't work. It gave me some extra minutes before overheating.

So I searched serveral forums and I found an option within Enemy Terrory. It was setting the option "com_maxfps" to a lower number. After setting this option to 30, I could play for several hours.....

Several hours means about 4-5, if u want to play longer, u must change it with Chaintech for the same class, or upgrade it to at least MX440 (not AXLE, Manli, MSI)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: