Getting 4 speakers with ALSA and live 5.1
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lnx_dork
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 1:26 am    Post subject: Getting 4 speakers with ALSA and live 5.1 Reply with quote

Ok,
I got ALSA working without a problem, and I started snooping aroung the /usr/share/alsa directories, and under the pcm folder were a few different config files, one of them being for 4 speakers. I searched through the gentoo forum and found a few post of people saying that they had 4 speakers or 5 speakers running in ALSA but there was never an explination on how they did it.

So how can a get ALSA to give me 4 speaker output on my sb live 5.1, and how are the different config files used that are in /usr/share/alsa?

Thanx

P.S
I also looked on the alsa webpage under the install notes for the sb live card, and the only thing that seemed relavent to getting 4 speaker support was through the .asoundrc file, but there description on the use of that file lead me know where.
fusion
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem after sometime playing with alsamixer I found that you cound them to work by doing the following steps:

you need to emerge alsa-utils if you havent already so you can use alsamixer.

Then you need to run alsamixer and unmute `Wave Surround` slider besides unmuting the `Wave Surround' slider, you will also need to **MUTE** the `Analog/Digital Output Jack' (the right-most slider in alsamixer) to enable rear speaker output
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: