Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Setting ./configure flags for emerge?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: Setting ./configure flags for emerge? Reply with quote

I want to compile Qt without the mt (multi-threaded) flag. Is there an "in-system" way to do that, or do I have to cheat and build it by hand, touch compile and then emerge the KDE stuff? It would be nice to be able to pass configure flags on a per-package basis through emerge (or some other means).....
tvon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 1:29 pm    Post subject: ebuild Reply with quote

Edit the ebuild.

I dont remember if the qt ebuilds use eclasses or not (which makes things a little more complicated), but you should be able to add/remove configure options as you please in the ebuild, then just merge it as you normally would.

Keep in mind that when you do your next rsync, the ebuild will be overwritten with a fresh one from the server, so your modifications will be lost.

-T

Python Powerd Web Hosting
http://www.etria.com/
Webware, Zope, CGI, More on request...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 8:38 pm    Post subject: Thanks.... Reply with quote

Well, your suggestion worked fine.... But I didn't realize at the time that KDE3 requires threads.... bastards....
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: