Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Problems with "emerge system" on Panther
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elenita
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Problems with "emerge system" on Panther Reply with quote

Hello, everyone,

I just downloaded the portage disk image and started to install Portage on my Powerbook. I followed the instructions in the install guide, but ran into a dependency problem when trying to "emerge system". A quick forum search showed me that I was having the same problem discussed at:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=244362&highlight=invalid+keyword+macos

but because I don't speak Italian, I wasn't able to learn much from that thread.

Anybody care to offer a translation?

Possibly relevant info:
I'm running Mac OS X 10.3.5
I've got Xcode 1.5 installed
I also have Fink installed

Thanks,
Elenita
JoseJX
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The keyword has changed to ppc-macos, make sure it's set to that instead of macos. You'll probably also want to change your profile as well, link /etc/make.profile to /usr/portage/profiles/default-macos/ppc/10.3. Hope this fixes your problem for you.

In the future, please post the error message you are recieving and describe your problem. (I can't really read Italian either. :))
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: