Joined: 08 Apr 2002
Location: Wisconsin, USA
|Posted: Thu May 09, 2002 3:12 am Post subject: Guidelines for Tips & Tricks (READ BEFORE POSTING)
|Guidelines for Tips & Tricks
About this forum
- This is *not* a support forum. Do not ask questions here. The moderators and myself would like to stress this point, if you do ask a question, your post will be deleted. Use the other forums to ask questions, if you are asking a question regarding a tip or trick, you are encouraged to include a link to the tip/trick you are referring to make it easier for other to help you.
- The moderators and myself will try to maintain a collection of the most useful/popular tips and tricks in several categorized sticky posts.
- Do not ask for tip or trick to be posted. If you ask here, again, your post will be deleted.
- Feel free to send those who help you in other forums a Private Message suggesting that they post their tip or trick here.
- As always, users are encouraged to simply thank the author if their tip or trick worked for them.
- Provide detailed information about what your tip or trick does, and how it works.
Note: Please do not merely link to another website.
Submitting Tips & Tricks
Everyone is allowed to submit tips & tricks to this forum. If you choose to submit a tip or trick, please make sure your posts follows a few guidelines.
- Most importantly, make sure your tip or trick works!
- Make sure your tip or trick makes sense and is easy to read. Read it over before posting.
- Use BBCodes when possible to increase the readability of your post.
These rules will probably be updated as time goes on, and as problems arise.
EDIT: Added website linking comment. --pjp
See also: Notes for readers and Guidelines for authors.
- Kyle Manna
Please, please SEARCH before posting.
There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't.