Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morck
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@larman:
I already have "/usr/lib/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts " in my "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf" file and xfs is started with the default runlevel. So this does not change anything.
but thanks anyway
vers_iq
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgaap wrote:
I've used the bash script and made a .mozconfig (with gtl2 enabled), downloaded the nightly source of mozilla and updated it with the cvs command, now I get this if I build it:

Quote:

{..lot fo warnings}

nsWindow.cpp:2469: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect
nsWindow.cpp:2469: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect
nsWindow.cpp: In member function `void nsWindow::FireDragMotionTimer()':
nsWindow.cpp:3279: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect
nsWindow.cpp: In member function `void nsWindow::FireDragLeaveTimer()':
nsWindow.cpp:3289: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect
make[4]: *** [nsWindow.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/mozilla/widget/src/gtk2'
make[3]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/mozilla/widget/src'
make[2]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/mozilla/widget'
make[1]: *** [tier_9] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/mozilla'
make: *** [default] Error 2

Someone an idea if this is a mozilla bug (in this cvs code) or just something that can be fixed with a use variable?

If you follow this thread carefully, there is a way mentioned which fix this problem, change the flags --disable-logging to --enable-logging
sgaap
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I did not noticed that it had something to do with my problem but it seems to work :)
ormi
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:03 am    Post subject: Java (again) Reply with quote

Did I miss something? I followed vers_iq's instructions (the first post) and compiled phoenix with success(?). The only problem is java-plugin. I haven't compiled it, but I've downloaded pre-compiled java-jre from java.sun.com. Phoenix-bin works fine, but when I'm running own-compiled phoenix, I get:

Code:
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /opt/j2re1.4.0_02/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so [/opt/j2re1.4.0_02/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so: undefined symbol: GetGlobalServiceManager__16nsServiceManagerPP17nsIServiceManager]

..and java-plugin won't work. Same problem with blackdown-jre's plugin. Any solutions?
vers_iq
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Java (again) Reply with quote

I thought this has been a common issue with mozilla/phoenix/galeon compiled against gcc-3.x and precompiled jre (gcc-2.95.x).

ormi wrote:
Did I miss something? I followed vers_iq's instructions (the first post) and compiled phoenix with success(?). The only problem is java-plugin. I haven't compiled it, but I've downloaded pre-compiled java-jre from java.sun.com. Phoenix-bin works fine, but when I'm running own-compiled phoenix, I get:

Code:
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /opt/j2re1.4.0_02/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so [/opt/j2re1.4.0_02/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so: undefined symbol: GetGlobalServiceManager__16nsServiceManagerPP17nsIServiceManager]

..and java-plugin won't work. Same problem with blackdown-jre's plugin. Any solutions?

The only solution for this is compile your own jre (https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=16759) or stick with phoenix-bin.
dreamer3
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix 0.5 is out, anyone running it yet? I'm updating my entire copy of the CVS tree right now and will be compililng soon.
vers_iq
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished compiling mine. But i had error when using the same source as mozilla 1.2.1, but worked fine with nigthly sources (link from my first post). No real physical change except phoenix seems to be much faster in almost every aspect (start/refresh/......). Some changes i did on my compilation options are --without-mng instead of --with-system-mng, --enable-extension=default,-irc,-venkman, --enable-svg and export MOZ_INTERNAL_LIBART_LGPL=1 is set as my default and MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME is no longer at /usr/lib/phoenix/lib/mozilla-1.2b but /usr/lib/phoenix/lib/mozilla-1.3a. The rest are pretty much the same. I am thinking of creating a new ebuild base on mozilla-1.2.1 which xft2 is only compiled for phoenix requirement instead of install it to the system and use the current plugins dir /usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins.
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the Swiss hold the America's cup, France accusing the US of arrogance and Germany doesn't want to go to war."
karl11
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know why flash broke in the mozilla 1.3 tree? Also, does anyone have an idea when this will be fixed or a workaround? I have the precompiled phoenix-bin which works fine, but then I compile phoenix straight from cvs and that is what I mainly use. The break occured not long after November 14...it also breaks the extension architecture, so we are now waiting on extension writers to bring their projects up to par.

Karl
vers_iq
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karl11 wrote:
Does anyone know why flash broke in the mozilla 1.3 tree? Also, does anyone have an idea when this will be fixed or a workaround? I have the precompiled phoenix-bin which works fine, but then I compile phoenix straight from cvs and that is what I mainly use. The break occured not long after November 14...it also breaks the extension architecture, so we are now waiting on extension writers to bring their projects up to par.

Karl

U need flash 6.0b
Code:
shelt@localsystem pts/0 shelt $ emerge -s netscape-flash
Searching...   
[ Results for search key : netscape-flash ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  net-www/netscape-flash
      Latest version available: 6.0b
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 684 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.macromedia.com/
      Description: Macromedia Shockwave Flash Player

mozilla release note wrote:
Linux users should upgrade to the latest Flash 6 Beta. This new version fixes several problems including crashing with remote displays and hangs when the audio device is in use at the time Flash starts up. Mozilla 1.3 Alpha may not support Flash 5 or earlier so update now. (Bug 58339, 58937)

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the Swiss hold the America's cup, France accusing the US of arrogance and Germany doesn't want to go to war."
karl11
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
bash-2.05a$ emerge -s netscape-flash
Searching...   
[ Results for search key : netscape-flash ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  net-www/netscape-flash
      Latest version available: 6.0b
      Latest version installed: 6.0b
      Size of downloaded files: 684 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.macromedia.com/
      Description: Macromedia Shockwave Flash Player

bash-2.05a$

And yes, I have it in my plugins directory. It loads, but it shows a gray box where the flash should be. Supposedly this worked in Mozilla 1.2.x, but as soon as they shifted the trunk to 1.3 it appears to be broken again. I am building it against gtk2.

Karl
vers_iq
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume u compile your own phoenix, make sure --enable-old-abi-compat-wrappers is included and try compile against gtk.
DarkE
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I compiled phoenix with a nightly tarball, too.
I'm surfing with it right now :) but I changed the phoenix-ebuild to compile only with xft-2.0 when it is in USE, else it will use freetype2.
I compiled without xft-2.0
mbhowm10
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished building from the cvs. Looks great. I noticed that when running phoenix from the command line and then accessing a flash site, I got an error saying nongtk plugin trying to access gtk. I would get the grey box like karl said and then sometimes it would crash the browser. In order to get flash working I had to compile it with gtk1 support instead of gtk2, but still enabled xft. It works now and the fonts look beautiful. So now, along with java from scratch and mplayer cvs (with wmv9 and sorenson :wink:), I finally have a fully functional fast browser.

Meethune
morck
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ mbhowm10:
is there a way to use mplayer as a plugin, or how do you watch those sorenson-movies ???
mbhowm10
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to http://www.99b.org
and get the mplayer-cvs ebuild. Just untar the ebuild in /usr/portage and them emerge mplayer-cvs. Tada! you have wmv9 and sorenson playback. As far as mplayer as plugin, you need to emerge plugger. Plugger is a wrapper for a bunch of multimedia programs so mozilla/phoenix can use them as plugins (embedded playback 8O). You can read about all it can do here http://fredrik.hubbe.net/plugger.html.
Anyway you then edit the pluggerrc file to point to mplayer-cvs instead of the version of mplayer in the portage tree. make sure you make the appropriate symlinks in the plugins directory. Also check out the updated FAQ on the mplayer homepage. They have answers to the most common problems regarding sorenson playback. Have Fun!

Meethune
bmb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to compile phoenix 0.5 by using the second ebuild.
First, I got this problem
Code:
Calculating dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 1) net-www/phoenix-0.5 to /
>>> md5 ;-) mozilla-source.tar.bz2
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking mozilla-source.tar.bz2

bzip2: Data integrity error when decompressing.
        Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)

It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.

You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

!!! ERROR: net-www/phoenix-0.5 failed.
!!! Function unpack, Line 31, Exitcode 2
!!! failure unpacking mozilla-source.tar.bz2

I don't know what is the problem with the nightly source code. then I changed the ebuild to download the released 1.2.1 source code. But this time it aborted compiling and gave the following message.
Code:
c++ -o nsImageGTK.o -c -DNATIVE_THEME_SUPPORT -DOSTYPE=\"Linux2.4\" -DOSARCH=\"Linux\" -DOJI -D_BSD_SOURCE -DUSE_POSTSCRIPT -DUSE_XPRINT -DUSE_MOZILLA_TYPES -DMOZ_ENABLE_FREETYPE2 -I./. -I./.. -I./../shared -I./../x11shared  -I../../../dist/include/xpcom -I../../../dist/include/string -I../../../dist/include/widget -I../../../dist/include/view -I../../../dist/include/util -I../../../dist/include/pref -I../../../dist/include/uconv -I../../../dist/include/unicharutil -I../../../dist/include/locale -I../../../dist/include/necko -I../../../dist/include/content -I../../../dist/include/layout -I../../../dist/include/imglib2 -I../../../dist/include/gfx -I../../../dist/include -I/var/tmp/portage/phoenix-0.5/work/mozilla/dist/include/nspr      -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include   -fPIC  -I/usr/X11R6/include -frtti -fno-handle-exceptions  -Wconversion -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-long-long -march=i686 -O3 -pipe -Wno-return-type -w -Wno-deprecated -pthread -pipe  -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include   -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include   -I/usr/X11R6/include -DMOZILLA_CLIENT -include ../../../mozilla-config.h -Wp,-MD,.deps/nsImageGTK.pp nsImageGTK.cpp
In file included from nsGfxFactoryGTK.cpp:65:
nsFontMetricsXft.h:248: syntax error before `*'
make[4]: *** [nsGfxFactoryGTK.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/phoenix-0.5/work/mozilla/gfx/src/gtk'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/phoenix-0.5/work/mozilla/gfx/src'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/phoenix-0.5/work/mozilla/gfx'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/phoenix-0.5/work/mozilla'

!!! Function src_compile, Line 41, Exitcode 2
!!! (no error message)

Can anybody give me some suggestions?

Thanks
dreamer3
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmb wrote:
[code]bzip2: Data integrity error when decompressing.

Sounds like your mozilla-sources.tar.bz2 file is corrupt. Try deleting it and letting the ebuild download a fresh copy.
ghost_diy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:16 pm    Post subject: I have same problem Reply with quote

Code:
Calculating dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 1) net-www/phoenix-0.5 to /
>>> md5 ;-) mozilla-source.tar.bz2
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking mozilla-source.tar.bz2

bzip2: Data integrity error when decompressing.

You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

!!! Function unpack, Line 31, Exitcode 2
!!! failure unpacking mozilla-source.tar.bz2

I delete mozilla source and try again again again ......,it display same error!

Last edited by ghost_diy on Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
nempo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that to, looks like a bad tar:ball on the server. They probably were to tired to finish the compression that night :0
bmb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The .gz source is OK, but the .bz2 source is still corrupted. So the unpacking is doing OK now. But I still have the compiling problem.

Code:
c++ -o nsImageGTK.o -c -DNATIVE_THEME_SUPPORT -DOSTYPE=\"Linux2.4\" -DOSARCH=\"Linux\" -DOJI -D_BSD_SOURCE -DUSE_POSTSCRIPT -DUSE_XPRINT -DUSE_MOZILLA_TYPES -DMOZ_ENABLE_FREETYPE2 -I./. -I./.. -I./../shared -I./../freetype -I./../x11shared  -I../../../dist/include/xpcom -I../../../dist/include/string -I../../../dist/include/widget -I../../../dist/include/view -I../../../dist/include/util -I../../../dist/include/pref -I../../../dist/include/uconv -I../../../dist/include/unicharutil -I../../../dist/include/locale -I../../../dist/include/necko -I../../../dist/include/content -I../../../dist/include/layout -I../../../dist/include/imglib2 -I../../../dist/include/gfx -I../../../dist/include -I/var/tmp/portage/phoenix-0.5/work/mozilla/dist/include/nspr      -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include   -fPIC  -I/usr/X11R6/include -frtti -fno-handle-exceptions  -Wconversion -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-long-long -march=i686 -O3 -pipe -Wno-return-type -w -Wno-deprecated -pthread -pipe  -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include   -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include   -I/usr/X11R6/include -DMOZILLA_CLIENT -include ../../../mozilla-config.h -Wp,-MD,.deps/nsImageGTK.pp nsImageGTK.cpp
In file included from nsGfxFactoryGTK.cpp:65:
nsFontMetricsXft.h:248: syntax error before `*'
make[4]: *** [nsGfxFactoryGTK.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/phoenix-0.5/work/mozilla/gfx/src/gtk'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/phoenix-0.5/work/mozilla/gfx/src'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/phoenix-0.5/work/mozilla/gfx'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/phoenix-0.5/work/mozilla'

!!! Function src_compile, Line 41, Exitcode 2
!!! (no error message)

Does this have anything to do with gtk? Can I disable gtk since I am using kde?
Please help me.
dreamer3
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it's been a while back in this thread so I thought I would post the Phoenix 0.5 ebuild that I'm using quite successfully. It forgoes your own compile flags in favor of -Os and a few others, but you could change that. I changed it once though and then it wouldn't compile. The -Os produces a very snappy Phoenix though if you ask me.

Lots of people have complained about very poor results then compiled with gtk2, so I would stick with gtk1... good luck.

Also, if it's been more than a day since you downloaded your mozilla-sources file, I would delete it and let the ebuild download a new one. While the ebuild does connect to CVS it only updates the Phoenix SPECIFIC portions of the source tree. I was using an older mozilla-sources and one day it just broke because of OTHER parts of the source tree being too old. You can also read about how to update your compressed download in it's entirity from CVS here.

Because I'm on dialup when I go to compile a new Pheonix I untar the sources, update via CVS as described at mozilla.com, and then retar everything and place it back in distfiles. Saves me a lot of time. ;-)

ebuild removed in favor of the MUCH improved on I just posted at the end of this thread

Last edited by dreamer3 on Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
CYwolf
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:19 am    Post subject: Cute Reply with quote

Okay, I tried this ebuild. Now I have /usr/share/phoenix/lib/mozilla-1.3a/phoenix-bin, which when run, pops up mozilla-1.3a (and doesn't share mozilla 1.2's preferences). This isn't quite what I expected. ;)
dreamer3
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: Cute Reply with quote

CYwolf wrote:
Okay, I tried this ebuild. Now I have /usr/share/phoenix/lib/mozilla-1.3a/phoenix-bin, which when run, pops up mozilla-1.3a (and doesn't share mozilla 1.2's preferences). This isn't quite what I expected. ;)

Phoenix is a WHOLE new app (with it's own mozilla libs as you've seen), it's not going to automatically carry over your Mozilla settings... are you liking it otherwise? I'm confused when you say it pops up "mozilla-1.3a" though... you mean it pops up Phoenix compiled against mozilla-1.3a, right?

The ebuild created a /usr/bin/phoenix file that's good for launching phoenix (even if it's already open) as well, if you didn't notice.
CYwolf
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:33 am    Post subject: Hrm Reply with quote

No, this is definately mozilla-1.3a (with mail, composer, address book and chatzilla icons), not the phoenix build of it, and I have no /usr/bin/phoenix. I thought the compile was running unusually long. ;)
I suppose this could be a result of copying & pasting the ebuild, but I didn't notice any errors or warnings.
This could also be an anomaly of my environment settings, I had another thread going on that earlier today. I'd like to hear if this worked for anybody else.
bmb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter what I do, I always got the above compiling error.

sad.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: