Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
My 32bit xine package with win32/RP codecs.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuhrscher
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be very good thing to have some more 32bit-binary-packages in portage than firefox-bin and openoffice-bin? For example mplayer-bin, xine-bin and so on would be great...
Niek
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Works great here :) I'd prefer a MPlayer package though...
Kuhrscher
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it difficult to produce a mplayer-bin and xine-bin ebuild? It would great, to have something like that in portage.
paulisdead
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no ebuild writer, so if anyone wants to write up one, I'd be glad. I'd even update this xine32 package, since it's getting a little old, I just need to remake my chroot.

The only tricky part is figuring out what dependancies you'll need to include in order to keep it from bitching about being unable to use the 64bit libs. Like xine'll bitch about libcurl.so not being around if I didn't include it. Really you just need a 32bit chroot, or 32bit box around to build on, but you have to do it by hand, in order to run the ./configure scripts with a prefix (I used prefix="/32bit") to keep those 32bit apps segregated from the rest of the system. Since there's no package manager involved in this you can always delete /32bit and get rid of it and start clean. It also will never overwrite system files this way.
shodedo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the video plays fine for me, but there is no alsa support (or i just cant get it to work) .... any help?
paulisdead
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shodedo wrote:
the video plays fine for me, but there is no alsa support (or i just cant get it to work) .... any help?

Ya it only works through OSS for me, i think it can only use OSS for 32bit emu. Like I said, this is only intended to be used on files that the 64bit xine can't play, so you should use your 64bit xine for DVDs to get 5.1 sound.
Fang
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, thank you for making this package--it works great. If you need hosting help, just let me know, since I have lots of bandwidth available. Have you ever considered building the package so that it expects to live under /opt/xine-bin? That would make it easier to get an ebuild accepted, since it's a standard location (firefox and mozilla binary versions live under opt) and /opt is masked for prelinking.

As it happens, prelinking is causing me problems with the 32-bit version of Xine at the moment. After I prelinked my binaries (being careful to mask /opt) I found that the xine-gui file opening browser accessed by right-clicking on the initial window cannot be used to open media files. If you browse to the file and double-click it, a message window or two pops up claiming that the file input plugin can't open the file; sometimes there's alphanumeric garbage in these messages where the file name would usually be. Looking at the little marquee display on the GUI control center shows that the first three or four characters of the path to the file are missing or replaced with nonsense characters.

Given that the 32-bit Xine will run files just fine if invoked from the command line (e.g. xine32 myvideo.mov &), I'm pretty sure that whatever the file selector uses to pass filenames to the player is screwing them up, and that this was probably caused by prelinking the binary responsible. At first I suspected curl, but remerging that, re-extracting xine32, and rerunning env-update and ldconfig did not fix the problem. Rather than randomly remerge stuff, I thought I would ask if anyone happened to know which binary or binaries are responsible for managing the file selector dialogue accessed by right-clicking on the Xine window.
paulisdead
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think putting it all into /opt/xine32 or something may not be a bad idea, but I'm still no ebuild writer and can't help with writing an ebuild. Just lacking the time to learn how to do it. I've been meaning to do an update to this package, but when I went to remake my chroot I can't get gcc to build. I was trying to sort that out, but I do have an Athlon XP box ATM, so I'll just compile it all on that box I guess. I'll probably be able to squeeze out an update some time within the next week, and maybe it'll solve your prelink problems. I haven't bothered with prelink on amd64 since it never really seemed to make a noticeable difference to me with previous installs.
Fang
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulisdead wrote:
I think putting it all into /opt/xine32 or something may not be a bad idea, but I'm still no ebuild writer and can't help with writing an ebuild. Just lacking the time to learn how to do it. ... I'll probably be able to squeeze out an update some time within the next week, and maybe it'll solve your prelink problems. I haven't bothered with prelink on amd64 since it never really seemed to make a noticeable difference to me with previous installs.

I wasn't asking for an ebuild--you've certainly done plenty! If time permits, I'll look into whipping up an ebuild for your binary package--if you have no objections, of course.

I suspect my problem might be caused by prelinking the GTK emul-linux-x86 libraries. Next time I have my computer handy I'll try remerging those, but if that doesn't work it's call tracing time.
servo888
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mizunoX wrote:
paulisdead wrote:

did you follow the directions exactly and do tar-xvjpf when untarring it? The p is very important since it preserves permissions. Also did you make the /etc/env.d/69curl file? I also launch it with the full path to the executable, and have my file manager configured to do launch it with the full path name.

As for the kernel, I have the following enabled under Executable file formats/Emulations turned on, IA32 Emulation and IA32 a.out support. The second one might not be necessary, but better safe...

Yeah, I've done it 3 times now just to be sure.
Used all of those flags when extracting, created the curl file, try to launch with the full path, checked the kernel for that IA32 and IA32 a.out, and both were enabled.

I appreciate your speedy reply.. but I dont know if we're gonna figure this one out. It's just plain weird.

Check your kernel - it sounds like you didn't compile IA32 emulation.
Janax
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Problems.... Reply with quote

I've been trying to get this working today, and have a problem.

I set up everything as described by paulisdead at the top of the thread, and double-checked that my /etc/env.d/69curl file and the settings in the xine codec configuration tab are correct. I'm still unable to play any avi or mpeg files. When I try, I get an error
Code:
-xine engine error-
There is no input plugin available to handle '{garbage char(s)}.
Maybe MRL syntax is wrong or file/stream source doesn't exist.

(I would paste the whole mess here, but I can't copy-n-paste it because of the seemingly quirky xine UI).

When I click "More" to look at the logs, I see that the "plugin" tab does indeed show a bunch of plugins loading, but they are all from "/32bit/lib/xine/plugins/1.0.0/". I don't see any of the win32 and/or RP codecs loading. When I check my /etc/profile.env I don't see the LDPATH I assigned in the /etc/env.d/69curl file, even though I've run env-update several times and logged out and back in.

I did use the "p" option in tar, and even tried adding "/32bit/bin" to my PATH just in case (didn't think it'd be necessary). I also checked the permissions of the "/etc/env.d/69curl" file to make sure that env-update should pick it up, but this is a secondary problem right now :P. So then I tried exporting "LDPATH=/32bit/lib" before running xine from a shell window, but I got the same results. Results are the same for both MPEG and AVI files, and I haven't gotten anything to work yet, really.

Has anyone gotten this to work recently? Right now I'm at a loss...

TIA!!
Bad_Byte
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuhrscher wrote:
Wouldn't it be very good thing to have some more 32bit-binary-packages in portage than firefox-bin and openoffice-bin? For example mplayer-bin, xine-bin and so on would be great...

mplayer-bin would be sweeeeet
Niek
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mplayer-bin would be GREAT indeed :) I really prefer mplayer over xine. I asked this once in #gentoo-amd64, but it seems like it's too much work to maintain such a package :/
BlinkEye
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for this howto. works flawlessly.

just one correction: the mentioned emul-linux-x86-qtlibs aren't needed - at least not for wmv.
tscolari
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i woud like to know if there are somehow to use this in firefox do display media
because mine aways crashes when i go into a site that have it :(

nice work with this 32bit xine anyway :)
ikshaar
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why but it seems to be broken after last emul-* upgrade.

It crashes when i try to play anything...

Code:
This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.2.
(c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.
External func OLEAUT32.dll:8
DMO dll supports VO Optimizations 0 1
DMO dll might use previous sample when requested
GetOutput r=0x0   size:1036800  align:1
StreamCount r=0x0  1  1
Decoder supports the following YUV formats: YV12 YUY2 UYVY YVYU   
Decoder is capable of YUV output (flags 0x1b)
xiTK received SIGSEGV signal, RIP.
Abort

EDIT: Tried an strace... this is the end. All libraries seem to be found in either one of directory.

any clues ???
Code:
close(3)                                = 0
open("/32bit/lib/libc.so.6", O_RDONLY)  = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/lib32/libc.so.6", O_RDONLY)      = 3
read(3, "\177ELF\1\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0\3\0\1\0\0\0\360P\1"..., 512) = 512
fstat64(0x3, 0xffffc570)                = 0
mmap2(NULL, 1142060, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) = 0x5598a000
mmap2(0x55a9b000, 16384, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x110) = 0x55a9b000
mmap2(0x55a9f000, 7468, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x55a9f000
mmap2(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x55aa1000
mmap2(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x55aa2000
mprotect(0x55a9b000, 4096, PROT_READ)   = 0
set_thread_area(0xffffce4c)             = 0
munmap(0x5556c000, 91570)               = 0
set_tid_address(0x55aa2a38)             = 16782
rt_sigaction(SIGRTMIN, {0x45570f3d0, [], SA_RESTORER|SA_RESTART|SA_NOMASK|0x178fd30, (nil)}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGRT_1, {0x100000045570f450, [], SA_RESTORER|SA_RESTART|SA_NOMASK|0x178fd30, (nil)}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_UNBLOCK, [RTMIN], NULL, 8) = 0
getrlimit(RLIMIT_STACK, {rlim_cur=-4286578688, rlim_max=0}) = 0
Bus error

paulisdead
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ikshaar wrote:
Not sure why but it seems to be broken after last emul-* upgrade.

It crashes when i try to play anything...

Code:
This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.2.
(c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.
External func OLEAUT32.dll:8
DMO dll supports VO Optimizations 0 1
DMO dll might use previous sample when requested
GetOutput r=0x0   size:1036800  align:1
StreamCount r=0x0  1  1
Decoder supports the following YUV formats: YV12 YUY2 UYVY YVYU   
Decoder is capable of YUV output (flags 0x1b)
xiTK received SIGSEGV signal, RIP.
Abort

EDIT: Tried an strace... this is the end. All libraries seem to be found in either one of directory.

any clues ???
Code:
open("/32bit/lib/libc.so.6", O_RDONLY)  = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/lib32/libc.so.6", O_RDONLY)      = 3
read(3, "\177ELF\1\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0\3\0\1\0\0\0\360P\1"..., 512) = 512
fstat64(0x3, 0xffffc570)                = 0
mmap2(NULL, 1142060, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) = 0x5598a000
mmap2(0x55a9b000, 16384, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x110) = 0x55a9b000
mmap2(0x55a9f000, 7468, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x55a9f000
mmap2(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x55aa1000
mmap2(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x55aa2000
mprotect(0x55a9b000, 4096, PROT_READ)   = 0
set_thread_area(0xffffce4c)             = 0
munmap(0x5556c000, 91570)               = 0
set_tid_address(0x55aa2a38)             = 16782
rt_sigaction(SIGRTMIN, {0x45570f3d0, [], SA_RESTORER|SA_RESTART|SA_NOMASK|0x178fd30, (nil)}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGRT_1, {0x100000045570f450, [], SA_RESTORER|SA_RESTART|SA_NOMASK|0x178fd30, (nil)}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_UNBLOCK, [RTMIN], NULL, 8) = 0
getrlimit(RLIMIT_STACK, {rlim_cur=-4286578688, rlim_max=0}) = 0
Bus error

Mine's been broken since I upgraded glibc, though with a different error. As soon as I get access to a 32bit box with the same version of glibc as mine I'll roll up a new one.
zinion
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did everything as described but when I start xine, the UI appears, then disappears and I get

Code:

thomas@thomas-km61 ~ $ /32bit/bin/xine
Dies ist xine (X11 gui) - Ein freier Video-Player v0.99.2.
(c) 2000-2004 Das xine Team.
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: ../sysdeps/generic/dl-tls.c: 72: _dl_next_tls_modid: Assertion `result <= _rtld_local._dl_tls_max_dtv_idx' failed!

paulisdead
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinion wrote:
I did everything as described but when I start xine, the UI appears, then disappears and I get

Code:

thomas@thomas-km61 ~ $ /32bit/bin/xine
Dies ist xine (X11 gui) - Ein freier Video-Player v0.99.2.
(c) 2000-2004 Das xine Team.
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: ../sysdeps/generic/dl-tls.c: 72: _dl_next_tls_modid: Assertion `result <= _rtld_local._dl_tls_max_dtv_idx' failed!

That's the error I get, and I still haven't had access to a 32bit box with an nptl glibc, or gotten around to making a chroot. At least I'm hoping rebuilding it on 32bit box with nptl will fix it. I got access to my friends box over ssh for bit, but had compile errors when building it, and don't have time to fix his box.

Hopefully when I get my X2 dual core chip my desktop will be less tied up with encoding video and doing it's own updates to be able to build a chroot for me to build a new xine32.
zinion
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhm I thought it was working for you? And some others here?
Stolz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinion wrote:
uhm I thought it was working for you? And some others here?

I't used to work when the post was created, but now seem some version of emul-linux-x86-xxxxx has broken it :(
zinion
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krhmlgrmpf**ck :(
paulisdead
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long wait is almost finally over. I've got a working xine32-bin here, built with the latest version of curl and xine in portage, though I left out additional patches. I've tested it with real media, wmv, and asf files, and they all worked well. I also built them with the cflags and cxxflags of -march=i686 -mmmx -sse -sse2 -mfpmath=sse,387 -fomit-frame-pointer, since now we have 64bit capable P4s around, and I wanted to try to make the binary run on them as well. I'm just uploading it to friend who's got the fat hookup for bandwidth, so this time it'll be hosted on a decent server. The error we were getting was a combination of the binary not being built with nptl and also the nvidia drivers. I've removed the opengl vo plugin from the binary to avoid it causing problems with nvidia's and perhaps ati's drivers as well. This package is a lot better too, it'll put the /etc/env.d/69curl file there for you, and also make a symlink to /opt/bin/xine32 for you, if you just untar from /. Once we get it uploaded I'll post the download link.
paulisdead
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK guys, here it is, enjoy :wink:
http://joplin.ucsd.edu/~jeff/xine32-bin-1.0.tar.gz
To install it, cd to / and untar it, and run env-update. If /opt/bin is in your path you can just run xine32, and then configure the codec paths to /opt/xine32-bin/RPcodecs and /opt/xine32-bin/win32 from the GUI. I had to use the realplayer 8 codecs, since the more recent ones didn't want to play nicely, but I used the latest win32codecs in portage.

As promised, it's on a nice fast server, which should be 100mbps.

I'll get around to editing the original post at the top with the new link and directions to install it later on.

*edit* Alright my first ebuild, though it threw up some errors, it does work. Save it to /usr/local/portage/media-video/xine32-bin/xine32-bin-1.0.ebuild
Code:
/usr/local/portage/media-video/xine32-bin/xine32-bin-1.0.ebuild:
DESCRIPTION="Binary package of 32 bit Curl Xine with win32 and realplayer8 codecs  for amd64"
SRC_URI="http://joplin.ucsd.edu/~jeff/${P}.tar.gz"
HOMEPAGE="http://xinehq.de"

SLOT="0"
LICENSE="GPL-2 MIT X11 as-is"
KEYWORDS="-* ~amd64"

src_install() {
     cd ${WORKDIR}
     cp -RPvf ${WORKDIR}/* ${D}/
}

Once saved just digest it and you should be able to emerge xine32-bin after that. This is my first ebuild, and I just used the howto for making 32bit ebuilds, so if anyone has a suggestion on how to make it stop bitching during the emerge, I'd be happy to hear them.

*edit* it's fixed so it should fetch it fine without having to manually download it. Still don't know about the errors it throws up when installing, but it works.
Stolz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, It works like a charm!! (again) :D

Thank you very much paulisdead.

I noticed if I configure the codec paths to /opt/xine32-bin/RPcodecs for my 64 bits xine and play a '.mov', the image works too, but there is no sound. With your 32 bits xine, both '.wmv' and '.mov' files (audio and video) work well.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: