Invalid pointer
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellsat
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Invalid pointer Reply with quote

Hi people,
I recently had an disk crash on my AX1105-500 ultrasparcIIe running Suse Linux for Sparc 7.1. When I got the new disk I decided to try out Gentoo Linux instead. This machine is running as an server for qmail/vpopmail/tmda/qmailscanner/sqwebmail/qmailadmin, dhcpd, djbdns

Basically it's my networks heart ;)

So far I'm really trilled about this dist. The only issue is qmail sending off mail, I get this in my logs (one line):
delivery 244: failure: ree():_invalid_pointer_0xeffffcb0!/DSorry,_I_couldn't_find_any_host_named_rl.telia.no._(#5.1.2)/

Is this a gcc issue? Do I have a conflict of packages for compiling?

regards hellsat
brianakee
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting something very similar in my logs:

Code:
 delivery 13: failure: ree():_invalid_pointer_0xeffffcb0!/free():_invalid_pointer_0xeffffcb0!/ZConnected_to_<remote.SMTP.server.IP>_but_connection_died._(#4.4.2)/

Sometime the messages actually get sent, but other times I get a bounce. I have not really been able to track it down, though a google search resulted in:

http://msgs.securepoint.com/cgi-bin/get/qmail0407/63.html

The message thread does not explicitly identify the problem, however it may indicate that there is a problem with the gentoo qmail ebuild. In any case, the bounce messages that I sometimes receive are very similar to what is listed at this messages thread.

I will continue to research this problem.

Thank You,

TM
hellsat
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply and link. Yes it seems like there is a problem with the patches applied by emerge, and not only a sparc issue, so I think I'm gonna throw it out and go for the regular one with the patches I need.

I do get the same invalid pointer error in my logfiles as you reporting, and also a few more. The qmail installation still works even with these "errors", so I'm gonna leave it untouched until I'm back from holiday in a week or two.

regards

Hellsat
brianakee
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my installation seems to work pretty well in spite of the errors as well.

Please post you results here. I will probably do something similar, or maybe migrate this of the sparc platform.

In any case, good luck to you and enjoy your holiday.

TM
hellsat
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, disabling SSL/TLS removed the offending "invalid pointer" errors from the logfile. Might be wrong configuration of TLS(STARTTLS) since I don't use TLS/SSL on the SMTP and therefor used the default config....... or that there is an bug in the TLS code.

hellsat
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: