privoxy removed from portage?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gentoo_user345
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: privoxy removed from portage? Reply with quote

Can anybody enlighten me as to why privoxy has been removed from portage?

Privoxy is a web cache program as at www.privoxy.org.

I have a had a bit of a look around the bugs database and the forum but cannot find any mention of it as yet (I am browsing in links, on a small screen, so apologies if I have missed something obvious).
I am sure privoxy was there not two days ago...
Thanks in advance...
gentoo_user345
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in reply to myself, the package database on gentoo.org has an entry for three releases of privoxy stating that:
Moved from net-www/privoxy to net-proxy/privoxy

net-proxy does not appear to exist on my portage tree (updated two hours ago). Squid (another www proxy program) is still in net-www...
gentoo_user345
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack, I wish gentoo would standardise on GMT time (and deviations thereof) instead of whatever local the main gentoo server sits in. It is *Monday* here (and in the latter half of), the changelog says privoxy was changed on "Sunday" (and has a number of changes commited today (Monday)), my posts are marked as posted yesterday (8th). GMT (and my local) time *both* say it is the 9th but the gentoo server ( I assume stuck somewhere ~ GMT +10 still thinks it is the 8th.

The best time estimate I can get when the portage change was committed is somewhere within (or greater) than a 32 hour timeframe...
gentoo_user345
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, it seems that net-proxy has been committed into portage. Now I am only left wondering:
1) Did the change happen yesterday (as the changelog claims), and "emerge sync" this morning miss the change (I don't think so)
2) Did somebody see my post and update the portage tree...
3) Am I simply loosing my mind...
tomk
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentoo_user345 wrote:
Ack, I wish gentoo would standardise on GMT time (and deviations thereof) instead of whatever local the main gentoo server sits in. It is *Monday* here (and in the latter half of), the changelog says privoxy was changed on "Sunday" (and has a number of changes commited today (Monday)), my posts are marked as posted yesterday (8th). GMT (and my local) time *both* say it is the 9th but the gentoo server ( I assume stuck somewhere ~ GMT +10 still thinks it is the 8th.

The best time estimate I can get when the portage change was committed is somewhere within (or greater) than a 32 hour timeframe...

Actually all of the gentoo.org boxes run on GMT (UTC) so that things are standardised. The echangelog program used by developers to update/create the ChangeLog files uses the date of the local machine of the developer. I'm assuming this is so the developers can see what the date was when they changed the files.

If you want an accurate and standardised account of when things were committed, please have a look at the CVS tree online instead of using the ChangeLog.

Remember that the changes have to propagate to your local rsync mirror before you'll be able to access them with an 'emerge sync'.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: