Starting Qmail
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ceraak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: Starting Qmail Reply with quote

I am having a problem getting qmail to run. I run the emerge qmail and the install runs with no problem.

I then run the .ebuild config and it does the inputting of the names into the control files. then i created the symlinks for svscan as written.

I go to run the svscan start and get the following error:

svscan: fatal: unable to chdir to start: file does not exist. does anyone have any suggestions for me to get this qmail operational. I have read the differnet howto-s and tried many different things, to no avail.

thanks in advance.
Messiah
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Starting Qmail Reply with quote

You did make a symlink from /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-send to /service/qmail-send and from /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd to /service/qmail-smtpd? Double check that, and check if /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-send and /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd exist.
ceraak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually got it working, I think I had a bad download of qmail I ran another emerge rsync for the new list, the unmerged and remerged qmail, added svscan to my rc init and all worked as it should.

Thanks.
ceraak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it worked for a few, now I get my messages stuck in the queues. here is the return of ./qmail-stat:

messages in queue: 2
messages in queue but not yet processed: 1

i looked a the qmail-send log and it looked like one of the mails got rejected with the following message:

delivery 1 failure: Connected to_x.x.x.x_but sender_was_rejected./Remote_Host_said:<anonymous@x.x.x >Domain_of_Sender_address_anonymous@xxx.xxxx.net does not exist. it looks like my host configuration is not quite right, but I dont know where... :(

any ideas??

thanks again
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: