Something funny with "View topics since last visit"
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goverp
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Something funny with "View topics since last visit" Reply with quote

Every so often, I experience problems with "View topics since last visit". I thought it had stopped, but it's just happened two days in a row.

I'm using Konqueror 4.6.3. In the following descriptions, I'm doing nothing else, such as browsing other web pages, just following the sequences described.

There are two parts of the problem, and they usually both occur, but I think they can occur independently.
Part one is that either it returns "No topics or posts met your search criteria" either immediately, or more usually when I click on the Next page button for say page 2 of 4. Clearly there were some more topics, or it wouldn't have listed 4 pages (say), but magically they're no longer there.

Problem two is when I click on the folder icon in the topic title line that should take you to the newest posts on that topic. (Sorry if the terminology there is wrong - dratted "View topics since last visit" of course now shows nothing legitimately since I've just visited the forums (to no effect, see preceding paragraph :-()). I open several topics that way, each in a new tab. When I switch to the new tabs, I get "No new posts since your last visit". Editing the URL from "https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-999999-view-newest.html" to "https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=999999" displays some completely irrelevant topic. It looks like the index page of new topics has been built with the wrong list of topic numbers, so there are indeed no new posts.

Suggestions please.

(Hmmn. I've just suddenly from nowhere got "Invalid session, please resubmit the form" posting this. Something weird with cookies, methinks.)
Thistled
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd flush the cache and ensure all cookies are wiped out, then see if it returns.
Goverp
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removing the cookies seems to have cured it, though it has vanished of its own accord in the past.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: