Problem w/ Mplayer install
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foobar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 6:39 am    Post subject: Problem w/ Mplayer install Reply with quote

Howdy!
I tried to emerge the new 0.90-pre3 version of MPlayer today, without much success: the GUI compile would die with an undefined "MSGT_GPLAYER" variable. Looking around at the source code, it appears that widgets.c file is missing an "#include ../../mp_msg.h" line. I realize that this is not actually part of Gentoo's code and not really a bug in the portage system, but being a relative newbie at this distro, I figure that I could get the whole package to compile, but is wouldn't be registered properly w/ portage. Is possible to include a patch in the ebuild file to insert this line? (if it was in the source code twice, it wouldn't do any damage) Or failing that, could someone tell me how to either tweak the code after it's been fetched and before it's been compiled, during an ebuild? (I suppose that in this case, since it's not the first thing compiled, I can probably interrupt the process w/ a ^Z, edit the file, then fg the process, but this trick won't work every time. It'd sure be nice if it was easier (or if I'd found out in the documentation how) to "resume" a merge, since it appears that it'll uncompress from the package file.
James
rizzo
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=1413&highlight=pine

I had a similar question with pine. I wanted to download it, change a header file, and then pick up with the compile. I haven't yet tried the method recommended in that link, but it sounds like it would help you too.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: