B&W G3 not mounting 2004.1 Universal Install CD [Update]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jguidroz09
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: B&W G3 not mounting 2004.1 Universal Install CD [Update] Reply with quote

Yesterday, I downloaded the 2004.1 Universal Install CD and the Packages CD for a G3 from the Pairnetworks mirror site. Both images checked out fine, and I burned them onto cds. When I placed the CD in my B&W G3 and booted up, it would not boot from the CD. When it came back up to OS X, the CD would not mount. I ejected the cd and placed it in my firewire burner connected to the desktop, and it mounted fine. So thinking it may be my drive in my desktop, I placed the packages cd in the drive, and the cd mounted fine. So then I placed the Install CD in my Al PB, and it mounted fine and I was able to boot from the CD into the installer. So I'm a little perplexed as to why my internal CD drive in my desktop is not reading this CD properly.

Any ideas?

Update:
Ok, I burned the image again, and the first cd seems to have been flaky because the second one mounts from the internal cd drive on my desktop, but it still does not boot the machine. The second cd however did boot my Al PB.
pfinlay
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try holding down the ALT key when you boot up
jguidroz09
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfinlay wrote:
Try holding down the ALT key when you boot up

All that gives me is the happy mac folder with a flashing ?. I did, however, download a 2004.1 minimal ISO that boots up my system.

However, now my hard drives connected to my pci ide card do not show up in /dev, but the in /proc, you can see the card is detected by the kernel. So I'm wondering why the hard drives were detected, or if they were detected, why they were put in /dev.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: