Can you fix my sh*t
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
porodzila
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Can you fix my sh*t Reply with quote

I was porodzila, Then i put in a ridiculously long email. I was wondering if you could change that email and send me a new password. Also, if possible, switch the forthman420 posts over to porodzila .

New email : forthman420@yahoo.com
roo_
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, it was that whatever@abcedefghijklmnonp....acbdef.....com address that got you right?

What happened when you input the email? Did error messages come up? Just curious.
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand....we don't spam people and we don't give out user email addresses to anyone else. You also have the option to hide your email address so it's not publicly displayed.

So WHY do people insist on being cute and trying to register with fake email accounts...

I deleted the porodzila account.

--kurt
Tii
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klieber wrote:
I don't understand....we don't spam people and we don't give out user email addresses to anyone else. You also have the option to hide your email address so it's not publicly displayed.

So WHY do people insist on being cute and trying to register with fake email accounts...

I deleted the porodzila account.

--kurt

The email probably wasn't fake as I have also one of those really long email addresses (If I understood correctly porodzila had one from the same place). You can go and check it out at http://www.abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk.com/. Does this mean that I shouldn't put that address as my address here at the forums (it's something I could use as a public address)? Does something stop working or what?
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when I think I've seen it all on the internet, something else comes out of the woodwork to prove me wrong.

No idea why anyone would want to use such an address, but it sounds like it doesn't work with phpBB. If someone wants to file a bug with the phpBB folks to get it fixed, great. Otherwise, folks will have to use "regular" email addresses.

--kurt
Tii
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klieber wrote:
Just when I think I've seen it all on the internet, something else comes out of the woodwork to prove me wrong.

No idea why anyone would want to use such an address, but it sounds like it doesn't work with phpBB. If someone wants to file a bug with the phpBB folks to get it fixed, great. Otherwise, folks will have to use "regular" email addresses.

--kurt

Hum, I suppose that's a no go then. Oh well. I can't even email my own account from my real account so it's not that useful anyway. But it was kinda funny for moment.
porodzila
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Umm, thanks I guess, I didnt really want the porodzila account deleted . but uh, ok. I guess I wont be l33t for a while then .
porodzila
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klieber wrote:

--kurt

Sorry I didnt know it wasn't a "regular" email address. no need to be an ass, I asked to have my problem fixed nicely . there were no fake email addresses . I dont insist on anything . and now i'm not l33t anymore .
CryogenicMice
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fail to see where he was being an ass to you...

I think you just took it out of context and since you cannot judge emotion by way of text unless it is extremely verbose, the reply looked straight forward, helpful and completely civil.

Perhaps you just perceive things in a totally different light than I do. Ah, well, whatever I guess.
paranode
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess your funny email address backfired on you eh?

Not klieber's problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: