Configuration file protection after choice 2 in etc-update
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sfynx
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Configuration file protection after choice 2 in etc-update Reply with quote

I have a question about etc-update. When I updated baselayout some time ago, etc-update showed me quite some files to update. Most of them were never changed by me (like files in /etc/init.d), so I could update them safely.. except for files like /etc/fstab and /etc/group, so I choose option 2 to delete the updates for these files and keep the originals.

So far so good. But it seems that when there is another update of baselayout after that, it automatically omits /etc/group and /etc/fstab, assuming I do not want to update them again. Okay, that may be true for these files, but what if there is some important change in the new file at that time? I would miss it without letting me merge it myself. Is there a way to delete this 'memory', so it assumes again that every file has to be updated?

I could not find anything in the documentation about this.
Sfynx
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone? I saw a file /var/cache/edb/config with config files and hashes (?!) in it. Is it safe to delete that file to do it?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: