Using Promise onboard raid as a normal ide controller
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loke
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:40 am    Post subject: Using Promise onboard raid as a normal ide controller Reply with quote

Just swaped out Gentoo 1.2 for 1.4rc1 but Ive got problems with my onboard raid controller.
It worked fine on my old setup, so I made sure to save the kernel-config and use this when building the new kernel - but somehow the onboard raid controller ide2 and ide3 channel isnt detected during boot.

I dont have raid set up, I just use it as a normal ide controller. So I got 3 HDs connected to this controller as hde,hdf and hdh. I didnt need pdcraid and ataraid modules before to get it working in 1.2, so i doubt very much i need it now. And i dont want /dev/ataraid/X entries. Just a normal ide controller as I had in 1.2 :-)

But it simply doesnt work like it did in 1.2 - even though the kernel config is exactly the same. Ive tried just about everything now, and as a final approach Ive completely removed the Promise pdc card support.

Ohh voila! It worked right now when booting! :-D When removing the Promise PDC support in the kernel, the regular ide driver correctly detects and configures the drives.

Im still posting if someone runs into similar problems.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: