Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Another Hamas leader goes the way of the dinosaur
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
shm
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 09 Dec 2002
Posts: 2380
Location: Atlanta, Universe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Another Hamas leader goes the way of the dinosaur Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/04/17/mideast.violence/index.html

Is it me or are these targetted attacks making violence worse in the region and hurting the peace process?

Of course damned if you do, damned if you don't.
_________________
what up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steveb
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 18 Sep 2002
Posts: 4564

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZUM KOTZEN! VERDAMMTE SCHEISSE!

sorry! german is better for me, to express that kind of things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
den_RDC
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 25 Aug 2002
Posts: 164
Location: beercountry, Belgium;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveb wrote:
ZUM KOTZEN! VERDAMMTE SCHEISSE!

well said ...
will they ever stop blowing up eachother ?
_________________
Fan of the "Survivor Warriors of the Evil Empire of Bloody Destruction and Bloody Darkness"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steveb
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 18 Sep 2002
Posts: 4564

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

den_RDC wrote:
steveb wrote:
ZUM KOTZEN! VERDAMMTE SCHEISSE!

well said ...
will they ever stop blowing up eachother ?
NO! Never! David is now Goliat and with the support of USA, every dam contract and promisse made more then 30 years ago, is just history!

But let them do their stuff. Let the world sell them weappons and let them kill each other.

Fight fire with fire! Well done... War is great! I lost enought friends and family in an war (in europe... balkan). It is stupid! But we are sooooo advanced! We produce computers, faster then anything know up to now. We manipulate DNA and other stuff. We fly to the moon and to mars, but we can't manage to live in peace!

Now again german. I can't write that in english:
Wir sind ein Haufen erbärmlicher Kreaturen! Im Namen von Gott, töten wir! Im Namen von Gerechtigkeit spielen wir Gott! Wer sind wir? Wir massen uns an, allmächtig zu sein! Lachhaft! Traurig! Wir sind unser eigener Untergang! Bravo! Weiter so!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kbatman
n00b
n00b


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 43
Location: Drowning in the gutter of my mind

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently peace isn't important to them unless they have acheived it by walking on those that oppose them ... both sides are so unconcerned about the innocents ...

i am so tired of seeing the children that don't get to see another day ... that don't get another day with a family member or family members ... that don't get to be children
_________________
The NRA says, 'Guns don't kill people - people kill people.' That may be true, but I think the gun helps. You're not going to kill many people by standing around shouting 'bang!'.

comments > /dev/null
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steveb
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 18 Sep 2002
Posts: 4564

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbatman wrote:
apparently peace isn't important to them unless they have acheived it by walking on those that oppose them ... both sides are so unconcerned about the innocents ...
Innocent? From the eye of the one, beeing the other just makes you guilty! It is impossible to be there and to be innocent!

kbatman wrote:
i am so tired of seeing the children that don't get to see another day ... that don't get another day with a family member or family members ... that don't get to be children
And when one of those children grow up, it want's to kill the other part, wich took him the childhod. And so goes the cricle of violence once again into the next round!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jtaylor72
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 01 Feb 2004
Posts: 197
Location: "the can", WA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might almost be the right time to turn the Middle East into a nice sheet of glass. That might be the only way to stop this crap!

Then we can go in and drill through the glass to get the oil.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steveb
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 18 Sep 2002
Posts: 4564

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtaylor72 wrote:
It might almost be the right time to turn the Middle East into a nice sheet of glass. That might be the only way to stop this crap!

Then we can go in and drill through the glass to get the oil.
WHAT?? Drill for oil?? Who are "we"? Why do "we" drill for oil in an country wich does not belong to us? How about drilling for oil in our own country?

Since when is the Middle East an self-service? Since when, can any one go there and do what they want?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jtaylor72
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 01 Feb 2004
Posts: 197
Location: "the can", WA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveb wrote:
jtaylor72 wrote:
It might almost be the right time to turn the Middle East into a nice sheet of glass. That might be the only way to stop this crap!

Then we can go in and drill through the glass to get the oil.
WHAT?? Drill for oil?? Who are "we"? Why do "we" drill for oil in an country wich does not belong to us? How about drilling for oil in our own country?

Since when is the Middle East an self-service? Since when, can any one go there and do what they want?


I'm just recommending we drop a bunch of nukes on the place, turn sand into glass, and then we can have all the oil we want! That's what it's all about, isn't it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steveb
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 18 Sep 2002
Posts: 4564

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtaylor72 wrote:
I'm just recommending we drop a bunch of nukes on the place, turn sand into glass, and then we can have all the oil we want! That's what it's all about, isn't it?
NO! It is not about that!
Let me guess: You are from America?
Do you know where Isreal is? Do you know where Palestina is? Do you know where Gaza is?

It is not about oil. It is about Isreal and Palestina and about terretory. Has nothing to do with oil.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mnemia
Guru
Guru


Joined: 17 May 2002
Posts: 476

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is how it's going to be, I think the Palestinians should be targeting Ariel Sharon for assassination. That would be a lot more productive for them than blowing up bombs in Israeli restaurants and buses. The problem with Israel's actions is that it totally justifies such a move as the killing of Sharon on the part of the Palestinians. They should go for it if they don't want to appear totally impotent in the face of the Israeli military.

If I was a Palestinian leader, I would likely start going around with bodyguards armed with surface-to-air missles in order to shoot down a few Israeli helicopters when these incidents happen and make them think twice about what they are doing. Any pilot willing to take this sort of mission deserves whatever reaction he gets, and I'm willing to bet that part of the reason the Israelis are doing this sort of thing is that they feel their military is "untouchable". That may be true overall but the Palestinians could at least score a symbolic victory and show that the Israelis can't just kill all their leaders with no strike back.

The conflict will never be solved while Sharon is in power, and probably while he is alive. The Bush Administration needs to start condemning this sort of violence instead of using this kind of pussy talk like how it "troubles" them. That's as good as saying that they approve of it. We all know that they do approve of it, but I think they are pussies because they won't publically say that and stand up to the reaction they would get for saying that. They instead choose to be underhanded about it. I'm disgusted with Bush for his stance on Israel. I can't stand the fact that no American president seems to be willing to even show any real condemnation of Israel for acts of murder, much less the land grabs, illegal settlement activity, and unfair restriction of Palestinian activity in their own territory. Even the British condemned this killing despite the closeness of US-British relations under our respective governments.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steveb
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 18 Sep 2002
Posts: 4564

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtaylor72 wrote:
I'm just recommending we drop a bunch of nukes on the place, turn sand into glass, and then we can have all the oil we want! That's what it's all about, isn't it?
btw: I like your attitude! Dropping "nukes" is actualy the BEST solution for everything! And if you don't have nukes, then use your hand! Raise your hand and hit everyone in his face, when you think you need to solve problems. Do it everywhere you can: In the office, at home, with friends, in the public, while you are on travel.... just everywhere! It is prooven to be the most effective "solution-providier" to any problem out there!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nicom
Guru
Guru


Joined: 30 Jan 2003
Posts: 379
Location: La Ilaha Ilallah, wa Muhammadan Rasullu Llah.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamas are stupid anyway. They could easily have had much higher support in the world if they targetted only polititians and military targets, and not civilians. Still I side with neither group of radicals, but hope that the good people amonst them will prevail in lasting peace. It doesn't help that Bush is unanomously backing everything Sharon does, and that al queda keeps using it as a recruiting tool, it's the outside world further polarizing and stressing an already fucked up situation. The entire population of palestine/israel need to be pumped full of exctasy and forcefully placed into intercultural orgy's until most of the women are pregnant, hows that for make love not war!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steveb
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 18 Sep 2002
Posts: 4564

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mocnicom wrote:
Hamas are stupid anyway. They could easily have had much higher support in the world if they targetted only polititians and military targets, and not civilians. Still I side with neither group of radicals, but hope that the good people amonst them will prevail in lasting peace. It doesn't help that Bush is unanomously backing everything Sharon does, and that al queda keeps using it as a recruiting tool, it's the outside world further polarizing and stressing an already fucked up situation. The entire population of palestine/israel need to be pumped full of exctasy and forcefully placed into intercultural orgy's until most of the women are pregnant, hows that for make love not war!
LOVECHILD!!! Where are you, when the population of an country need's your WEED experiance???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jtaylor72
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 01 Feb 2004
Posts: 197
Location: "the can", WA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveb wrote:
jtaylor72 wrote:
I'm just recommending we drop a bunch of nukes on the place, turn sand into glass, and then we can have all the oil we want! That's what it's all about, isn't it?
NO! It is not about that!
Let me guess: You are from America?
Do you know where Isreal is? Do you know where Palestina is? Do you know where Gaza is?

It is not about oil. It is about Isreal and Palestina and about terretory. Has nothing to do with oil.


I was just trying to be funny. I should have noted that was all in a tone of sarcasm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kbatman
n00b
n00b


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 43
Location: Drowning in the gutter of my mind

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveb wrote:
kbatman wrote:
apparently peace isn't important to them unless they have acheived it by walking on those that oppose them ... both sides are so unconcerned about the innocents ...
Innocent? From the eye of the one, beeing the other just makes you guilty! It is impossible to be there and to be innocent!

kbatman wrote:
i am so tired of seeing the children that don't get to see another day ... that don't get another day with a family member or family members ... that don't get to be children
And when one of those children grow up, it want's to kill the other part, wich took him the childhod. And so goes the cricle of violence once again into the next round!



i was referring to the children caught in the middle of the conflict as the innocents and expressing frustration that both sides as you have put it think they are guilty because they are on the other side
_________________
The NRA says, 'Guns don't kill people - people kill people.' That may be true, but I think the gun helps. You're not going to kill many people by standing around shouting 'bang!'.

comments > /dev/null
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steveb
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 18 Sep 2002
Posts: 4564

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtaylor72 wrote:
steveb wrote:
jtaylor72 wrote:
I'm just recommending we drop a bunch of nukes on the place, turn sand into glass, and then we can have all the oil we want! That's what it's all about, isn't it?
NO! It is not about that!
Let me guess: You are from America?
Do you know where Isreal is? Do you know where Palestina is? Do you know where Gaza is?

It is not about oil. It is about Isreal and Palestina and about terretory. Has nothing to do with oil.


I was just trying to be funny. I should have noted that was all in a tone of sarcasm.
Well.... It is some time very hard to differenciate inbetween sarcasm and an typical, tv-brain-washed, short minded american.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steveb
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 18 Sep 2002
Posts: 4564

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbatman wrote:
i was referring to the children caught in the middle of the conflict as the innocents and expressing frustration that both sides as you have put it think they are guilty because they are on the other side
exactly! it is impossible to be innocent!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kbatman
n00b
n00b


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 43
Location: Drowning in the gutter of my mind

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveb wrote:
Well.... It is some time very hard to differenciate inbetween sarcasm and an typical, tv-brain-washed, short minded american.


8O tv brainwashes us ... LOL !!! it can be a bit difficult for the average lazy american to find news that isn't filtered (wouldn't want them to think now would we)
_________________
The NRA says, 'Guns don't kill people - people kill people.' That may be true, but I think the gun helps. You're not going to kill many people by standing around shouting 'bang!'.

comments > /dev/null
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stonent
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 07 Aug 2003
Posts: 1139
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares? Those hamas guys are all just gonna kill themselves anyway.
_________________
Inspiron 4100 & Sun UltraAXe
Portage on Solaris|Dell Laptop Hacks
The way you feel about organized religion is the same way I feel about organized socialism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shm
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 09 Dec 2002
Posts: 2380
Location: Atlanta, Universe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about three factors: arafat, sharon, and the american government.

I think the situation could be better if two people were removed from power: arafat and sharon. Arafat is a terrorist. There is no going around that fact. He was a large part of why the late 90's peace process did not work: he was not willing to go with the 1967 borders, even though most Palestianians did. Sharon is a criminal. No going around that. Instead of working to stop the infatada, he wants to find new ways to piss off palestianins, like building a giant wall around them and killing off hamas leaders one by one (which does nothing except help recruit more hamas members and promote a new person to leadership)

The American government also has a bad role. It tries to be a neutral power between Israel and Palestine, however, it gives Israeli a green light to do whatever. Today, the US criticized Israeli's actions but did not condemn it, unlike most other nations. This just gives bait for recruiting for anti-American forces like Al Queda. We need to be seen as a more neutral power in the area
_________________
what up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bos_mindwarp
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 19 Oct 2002
Posts: 275
Location: stockholm, sweden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shm wrote:
It's all about arafat and sharon.

I think the situation could be better if two people were removed from power: arafat and sharon. Arafat is a terrorist. There is no going around that fact. He was a large part of why the late 90's peace process did not work: he was not willing to go with the 1967 borders, even though most Palestianians did. Sharon is a criminal. No going around that. Instead of working to stop the infatada, he wants to find new ways to piss off palestianins, like building a giant wall around them and killing off hamas leaders one by one (which does nothing except help recruit more hamas members and promote a new person to leadership)


Actually Sharon is a bit worse then ordinary criminal, he commited attrocities vs humanity. On the note of being a terrorist, there's a fine line there. I am sure many of your "Great American Fathers" were terrorists as well, at least in the eyes of His Majesty King George or whatever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stonent
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 07 Aug 2003
Posts: 1139
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/images/800/blackadder3_3.jpg

Screw George!
_________________
Inspiron 4100 & Sun UltraAXe
Portage on Solaris|Dell Laptop Hacks
The way you feel about organized religion is the same way I feel about organized socialism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shm
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 09 Dec 2002
Posts: 2380
Location: Atlanta, Universe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bos_mindwarp wrote:
Actually Sharon is a bit worse then ordinary criminal, he commited attrocities vs humanity. On the note of being a terrorist, there's a fine line there. I am sure many of your "Great American Fathers" were terrorists as well, at least in the eyes of His Majesty King George or whatever.


As for as I know, the American revolutionary leaders were never the leader of an organization that massacred Israeli atheletes at the fucking Olympics, skyjacked civilian planes, killed civilians routinely in settlements.
_________________
what up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bos_mindwarp
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 19 Oct 2002
Posts: 275
Location: stockholm, sweden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I am saying is that the line between military and civilian casualties is constantly shifting on the expense of civilians. People fight with what they got. If your government is so keen on making things "fair" and "sporty" why don't you donate few F16s to palestinians as well, since you supplied Israelis?

Oh and about being moral and all, does native american civilian population qualify as "military target"? One thing does not have to do with the other, you might say, all I say is stop pretending to be so goddamn pure yourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum