Radeon 8500 DRI help
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bedidos
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: Radeon 8500 DRI help Reply with quote

I've been trying for 4 hours to get DRI to work in X with no luck. I've been trying the ATI firegl drivers as well as the dri.sourceforge.net drivers. No matter what I still get DRI = no from glxinfo. I think it might be a problem with my kernel modules. The first time I tried installing the firegl drivers, they failed to load, and I beleive this was because I didn't have agpgart and dri as modules in the kernel.

I reconfigured the kernel with agpgart as a module. I'm assuming the DRI module is just below that where it says "Direct Rendering Manager" in character devices. For direct rendering manager my only options are to have it builtin or not at all (no module option) - this is where I think I am getting confused. I tried building the ati radeon DRM 4.1 driver as a module, is that what is meant by having DRI as a module?

It also seems like agpgart and dri modules are getting loaded on bootup somehow (they are not in modules.autoload) because they appear in dmesg - and maybe then getting loaded is my problem too (firegl driver says it needs to be loaded before agpgart and radeon)

Any help would be apprecaited.

EDIT: When using the dri.sourceforge.net driver this is the error I get

(EE) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIScreenInit failed because of a version mismatch.
[dri] radeon.o kernel module version is 1.1.1 but version 1.5.0 or newer is needed.
[dri] Disabling DRI.

What would I have to upgrade to fix this. - this is a 1.4_rc1 system BTW.
sputnik1969
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using my Radeon8500 with FireGL drivers.
I've compiled DRI and AGPGART as modules, but it seems that fglr200.o don't needs them, they are not loaded but Accelerated GL works fine.
Try to compile your Kernel WITHOUT DRI and AGPGART and don't use FRAMEBUFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After booting your new kernel, rpm the firegl-drivers again and start
Code:
fglrxconfig
to configure X
I hope this will work, i've done it this way (Gentoo 1.4 beta, not rc1) and it works...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: