Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Today is the 10th anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardcore
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kihaji wrote:
hardcore wrote:
Kihaji wrote:
hardcore wrote:

You try being on heroin....

No, I don't need drugs to make me feel better about myself, only pussies do.

Oh I almost missed this one... I guarantee that you drink or at least have drank before, so is alcohol not a drug? Cuz the last time I checked, it most certainly was. Ever had a prescription?

You would fail that guarantee.

Maybe you should, you might lighten up... But I can guarantee that you have had a prescription, if that's a negatory, then I bow down to my new Robot God.
Kihaji
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardcore wrote:
Kihaji wrote:
hardcore wrote:
Kihaji wrote:
hardcore wrote:

Oh I almost missed this one... I guarantee that you drink or at least have drank before, so is alcohol not a drug? Cuz the last time I checked, it most certainly was. Ever had a prescription?

You would fail that guarantee.

Maybe you should, you might lighten up... But I can guarantee that you have had a prescription, if that's a negatory, then I bow down to my new Robot God.

The last time I took any medication was Motrin, after I got shot. I don't take medicine, it more often than not does more harm than good. Pain is there for a reason, it tells you when shit is wrong and what not to do, if you mask it, you stand a chance to injure yourself.
hardcore
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kihaji wrote:
jaska wrote:

We don't seem to believe in change do we now? You are starting to sound like Bush, NO ONE WILL BE LEFT BEHIND, ONLY IF THEY CAN NOT AFFORD IT. Leave the waste of society behind and rub that in to show the scum their place in society. I find you a despicable person Kihaji.

I won't bother to tell you to have some respect for the dead since it just is wasting space and bandwith as usual...

What the hell are you talking about? What does anything you say have to do with suicide.

Suicide is a selfish cowards way out of a situation, plain and simple. I have no sympathy for people who commit suicide, especially over something as simple and trivial as "fame". I also find it pathetic the people that idolize these cowards. "Oh, doing drugs is ok because he has a lot of pressure, he is famous". "Oh, he can speed and get a DUI because he is famous". Bullshit, these "stars" that act this way are pathetic human beings and don't desrve my respect.

I agree that it can be cowardly, depends on the situation. Self-sacrifice can be suicide, it's all relative. Anyways Kurt wasn't like Vince Neil (I know he didn't commit suicide, but he did kill someone), he was a victim of success. You can't just quit having fame at the point where Kurt was at. He wasn't a child star, where they are forgotten about as soon as the show is over... he was someone to look up to for a lot of kids, well before his suicide.

BTW, Kurt was battling his heroin addiction for many years before he was famous. And was also trying to stay sober, and was for many months until the day of his suicide. You can't ever really quit heroin.
hardcore
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kihaji wrote:

The last time I took any medication was Motrin, after I got shot. I don't take medicine, it more often than not does more harm than good. Pain is there for a reason, it tells you when shit is wrong and what not to do, if you mask it, you stand a chance to injure yourself.

Well at least you're not my new robot god lol, but actually I was of this mentality for years until I had some lovely abdominal surgery, where morphine and codine were my best friends. I only take things for extreme emergencies.

Some people do drugs, some people jump out of planes. Adrenaline is a drug too, it's addictive and can kill you. People always find ways to escape from the daily drugery that is life, it's a matter of personal taste.
viperlin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT:
wow 2 members of LIK, more than i expected

hardcore, jaska :twisted:
mpsii
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay... I just have to say...

If you have to kill yourself to get attention, maybe you weren't that good to begin with...
paranode
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpsii wrote:

If you have to kill yourself to get attention, maybe you weren't that good to begin with...

Yeah, the whole martyrdom thing isn't really all that impressive. I'm so sad that I'm a multimillionaire and I'm a victim of my own drug addictions. Please feel sorry for me. Good riddance.
hardcore
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpsii wrote:

I don't think it was about attracting attention, he already had the whole world focused on him...
hardcore
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paranode wrote:
mpsii wrote:

Yeah, the whole martyrdom thing isn't really all that impressive. I'm so sad that I'm a multimillionaire and I'm a victim of my own drug addictions. Please feel sorry for me. Good riddance.

Money doesn't bring happiness... Most of his songs were actually written before he had actually seen any sort of fame. And he never asked anyone for pity, if you think that, you've missed the point of ALL of his lyrics.
vonhelmet
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardcore wrote:
mpsii wrote:

I don't think it was about attracting attention, he already had the whole world focused on him...

Yeah, and the point is he didn't want that but he was thrust into it.

Fame isn't always the barrel of laughs it's made out to be.
really
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kihaji wrote:
hardcore wrote:

Quote:

Kurt Cobain was to many kids a glimpse of hope. A glimpse of how a poor ass punk kid could get himself out of the gutter and become somebody. Kurt just couldn't handle coming from nothing to being thrust into the limelight, hence his heroin addiction and consequent suicide.

Bullshit, the limelight didn't put that needle in his arm, the limelight didn't put that shotgun in his mouth, he did. There are a multitude of people who go from no-one to someone without putting drugs in their body or a bullet through their head. He was a coward and a pussy period. He put that bullet through his skull because he was a selfish little bitch.

Quote:

He was and still is a great lyricist/singer/songwriter, to all those that said Hole and Foo Fighters are "greater than Nirvana ever was", etc. Well Kurt for the most part produced, wrote and even put down the musical parts of the tracks for most of Hole's debut albulm. Foo Fighters would not have been the same without Kurt being an influence, ask Dave, or read some of his interviews...

He was mediocre at best. He didn't sing, he mumbled into the mic, he knew 3 chords, and his songs were simple. The ONLY reason Nirvana was remotely popular was because it was the Pearl Jam era and kids that wanted to be cool listened to Nirvana.

Quote:

This thread isn't about bashing, it's more of paying your respects, if you didn't like him or whatever, don't say shit, start another thread.

RIP Kurt
-Sunbeams are never made like me

It's pathetic to pay respects to a child, I can't even call him a man, that abandons his family because fame is "too hard". Boo fucking hoo
if you keep repeating it it might become true.

Get lost before you get shot.
really
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

viperlin wrote:
OT:
wow 2 members of LIK, more than i expected

hardcore, jaska :twisted:
there are more :)
++

Get lost before you get shot.
jtaylor72
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on my way to see INXS in San Jose when I heard about him. During the concert, Michael Hutchence dedicated a song to him....I thought it should have been Suicide Blonde, but it was some other one.
d3c3it
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"i heard ..teens sprit on the radio the other day, that song sounds like shit" - Dave Grohel.

Again, right time right place, i was never or have ever been into punk, grunge yea, i like alot there songs, but that comment about being easy to play its totally true, teens spirit is 3power chords and a solo, easy peasy.
confusion
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never read so much nonsense from a bunch of childish bitter geeks in my life. If people like Kihaji can bestow all the answers about the universe and how it should be run, perhaps they should be put in charge. Hell we could get started on the gas chambers *checks his watch*, tomorrow!

Seriously, people like you remind me of myself at 14/15 years old. The world is a complex place and human nature is at the tip of that complexity iceberg. To assume that you of 6 billion have the intellectual capacity to announce definitive theory on the psychology of suicide, or denounce millennia old human behaviour (i am referring to drug use of course) as "weak" and "pussy prone" is pathetic. I find it hard to believe that such a trigger-happy opinion stems from rational and considerate thought, and i would wager a hypothesis that cultural influence has played as much a part in your redneck led 'philosophy' as it has in western drug abuse.

Grow up a bit before you spout s**t you cant even derive. You're recieving flak from people replying to this thread sure, but consider how rediculous you sound to those who havn't got the time to deal with idiots like yourself.

Move out, get some life experience maybe. Or just plain think for yourself for once; i gurantee you wont be disappointed.

-John
*LIK*
d3c3it
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id like to add, tell the thousands of parents/wifes/children that there loved 1 was a "pussy" for killing themselfs, im sure they will agree.
confusion
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d3c3it wrote:
id like to add, tell the thousands of parents/wifes/children that there loved 1 was a "pussy" for killing themselfs, im sure they will agree.

Yeah i suppose they would be mildly annoyed :wink:

Greatings from just outside liverpool btw.
d3c3it
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

confusion wrote:
d3c3it wrote:

im currently in salford, yuk, stupid work :D
viperlin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d3c3it wrote:
confusion wrote:
d3c3it wrote:

i'm going there on the 21st, Salford Uni for some silly speech thing
d3c3it
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viperlin wrote:
d3c3it wrote:
confusion wrote:
d3c3it wrote:

i'm going there on the 21st, Salford Uni for some silly speech thing

Funny enough, i went there for uni, you at uni there?
viperlin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, South Trafford College, just going because the maker of the exams is giving a speech on revision tips
hardcore
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d3c3it wrote:
"i heard ..teens sprit on the radio the other day, that song sounds like shit" - Dave Grohel.

I'm sure Kurt would agree with you and Dave, he hated that song. And just like most punk bands, the complexity is not in the guitar playing (it's in the bass playing for one), it's really the music as a whole. It can sound really complicated to play, but is actually "3 power chords and a solo", sounds so familiar .gentoo., oh well I dunno .gentoo. what that pertains to .gentoo. that every person on this board .gentoo. has a common interest in .gentoo. :lol:

confusion wrote:
I've never read so much nonsense from a bunch of childish bitter geeks in my life. If people like Kihaji can bestow all the answers about the universe and how it should be run, perhaps they should be put in charge. Hell we could get started on the gas chambers *checks his watch*, tomorrow!

Seriously, people like you remind me of myself at 14/15 years old. The world is a complex place and human nature is at the tip of that complexity iceberg. To assume that you of 6 billion have the intellectual capacity to announce definitive theory on the psychology of suicide, or denounce millennia old human behaviour (i am referring to drug use of course) as "weak" and "pussy prone" is pathetic. I find it hard to believe that such a trigger-happy opinion stems from rational and considerate thought, and i would wager a hypothesis that cultural influence has played as much a part in your redneck led 'philosophy' as it has in western drug abuse.

Grow up a bit before you spout s**t you cant even derive. You're recieving flak from people replying to this thread sure, but consider how rediculous you sound to those who havn't got the time to deal with idiots like yourself.

Move out, get some life experience maybe. Or just plain think for yourself for once; i gurantee you wont be disappointed.

-John
*LIK*

HaHa, right on brother!
Evangelion
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardcore wrote:
Kihaji wrote:
hardcore wrote:

I don't drink, I don't do drugs. I don't need them to feel better about myself. Prescription drugs are a whole different ballgame. they are obviously meant to cure illness, drugs and alcohol are not.

No-one is forcing anyone to take drugs, but sometimes you do need to take prescription drugs in order to cure an illness. I'm on antibiotics as we speak (sinus-infection)
hardcore
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evangelion wrote:
hardcore wrote:
Kihaji wrote:
hardcore wrote:

I don't drink, I don't do drugs. I don't need them to feel better about myself. Prescription drugs are a whole different ballgame. they are obviously meant to cure illness, drugs and alcohol are not.

No-one is forcing anyone to take drugs, but sometimes you do need to take prescription drugs in order to cure an illness. I'm on antibiotics as we speak (sinus-infection)

I meant pain-killers..., you don't need them, and for the most part, they do the same as drugs or alchohol by either numbing feeling or escaping reality.
john6931
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, im sure that Kurt wasnt on herion to 'make himself feel better' in a typical sense. Anyone who knows anything about rock culture knows that drugs are a big part of it, especially the grunge scence (layne staley, kurt, andy wood, etc). They take drugs because its part of the scene, then they get addicted and cannot stop. To call him a pussy is just f**cking stupid. First, addiction is a chemical reaction and it is hard to stop, especially heroin. Secondly, when your that f**cked up and depressed, obvoiusly youi are not being ratinoal when you kill yourself. Its not as if, oh i should just quit tomorrow and get off drugs. Its "life sucks and i hate it'. Depression is not something that just comes and goes and that you can control, it is very hard to overcome, and combined with a drug addiction, its very very difficult. And yes, he couldve have, somehow, gotten off drugs, quit and lived on, but that is to ignore human feeling and emotion. People are people, they dont make rational decisions all the time, and to comdemn someone for something that they believed was their only option in a desperate time is to look at the situation from a narrow viewpoint and not realize all of the mindset and the feelings of the person who kills themselves.

Well, thats what i think. And pearl jam rocks!! god, listen to ten, its beautiful
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: