Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Getting wireless keyboard/mouse to work in gentoo.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
necrosis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:11 pm    Post subject: Getting wireless keyboard/mouse to work in gentoo. Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm having some problems getting my shiney new Logitech Cordless Freedom Pro wireless keyboard/mouse combo to work in linux. The thing comes with a PS/2 plug for the keyboard, and a USB plug for the mouse.

First off let me say that I do have USB working, matter of fact I am using my corded Logitech Mouseman Wheel Optical connected via USB. And my current keyboard is attached to the PS/2 port.

When I plug in the base for the wireless keyboard mouse the keyboard works fine, its just the mouse that does not work. The mouse is detected and it shows up in /dev/input/mouse0 but it refuses to work (my corded USB mouse shows up as mouse0 when its pluged in too [and of course I have my old keyboard/mouse unplugged when I am trying to use the wireless]).

Anyways, when I get into X the cursor will do nothing when I move the wireless mouse.... I can exit the X-Server with the keyboard combo of ctrl-alt-backspace however.

Is anyone using the Cordless freedom pro? Any suggestions on how to get it working?

Thanks

Necrosis
taskara
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried pressing the connect button on the receiver and the mouse ?

I've had trouble with this setup before, it took me a while to get the mouse working, but it eventually did.
necrosis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: Dang, third time is a charm I suppose.... Reply with quote

I was getting frustrated with this thing, the bam, tried your suggestion and everything worked.... I had tried pressing the connect button several times before though

Now how do I change the speed of the mouse in X... the cordless one is way too fast ;)

Brent
taskara
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

through XF96Config or in kde ?

in kde go to the control centre

in X you have to change the resolution I think - not sure on this one :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: