Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Postfix, mySQL and bad POP3 password help.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gabe-kai
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Postfix, mySQL and bad POP3 password help. Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm attempting to configure a server running multiple virtual mail domains following the [url=http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/virt-mail-howto.xml]Postfix Guide[url] in the Gentoo User Docs section.

At the end of step three (Courier-IMAP configuration) mail for the primary domain is being delivered correctly and can be retrieved using any POP3 client. However, when I get done with step 10 (SASL, SSL, and mySQL) email is being delivered correctly but I'm unable to retrieve mail using a POP3 client. I get an error stating that my password is not accepted and the login failed.

That guide has many configurations files, which I've checked over very carefully, yet I seem to be missing something. Can anyone give me any hints as to why the POP3 authentication may not be recognizing / accepting my password? I'd be happy to post whatever configuration files you wish to see, just let me know what ones.

Thank you!
Gabe Stevens, MI
boroshan
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could it be that you're not configuring the client to use SSL
gabe-kai
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have stated that in my initial post, I've tried it both ways and in both cases it doesn't accept my password.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: