Standard for ebuilds with patches for standard packages
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdouble
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 12:58 pm    Post subject: Standard for ebuilds with patches for standard packages Reply with quote

Question on how to handle patches for "standard" ebuilds. I have some nice (at least I think so) patches to the net-tools ebuild that allows the mii-tool "watch" mode to activate/deactivate interfaces when the cable is plugged in or unplugged. Should I create a new revision, or an ebuild by a different name, or what? I've submitted a patch to someone who works on net-tools but because it relies on the distribution, I really doubt it will make it in.

Suggestions?
Supox
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pdouble,

i would probably would post it on https://bugs.gentoo.org as an enhancement. That way your patch might take longer to be integrated with portage, but at least you can be certain that there'll be people looking at it. As an additional "guarantee" you could bug some of the ops in #gentoo to make sure they know about the existence of your patch.

BTW: if you don't have a bugzilla-account, just ask if someone in one of gentoo's irc-channelscould post it for you on https://bugs.gentoo.org
pdouble
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I've done that. I've posted new ebuilds here before, but wasn't sure what to do with a modified ebuild for a standard package like net-tools.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: