Software RAID in 1.4_rc1
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghost_o
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:26 am    Post subject: Software RAID in 1.4_rc1 Reply with quote

Anyone else using software raid in the 1.4_rc1 release?

I am getting errors from the /etc/runlevels/boot/checkfs script that sets up the raid devices. They are in the form of:
Code:

* Starting software RAID...
/sbin/runscript.sh: [: too many arguments
/dev/md0: File exists
/dev/md1: File exists
/dev/md2: File exists

To answer some questions up front, I do not use nano when I install, only vi.
The file is perfectly fine, and is identical to the one from the 1.2 version on the same system. There is no open bracket in the file that is unmatched or out of syntax. I even put extra 'ewarn' entries all in the file to see what stages the loops ar emaking it to.

The file basically checks for pre-existence in /proc/mdstat, and if there, checks for matches against that data to what is in /etc/raidtab -- needless to say, it is all there -- has worked in every other version -- and does not match (I assume that is the "[" error from above causing it??) so, it finally matches on the else loop, and spits out the "File exists" errors since the devices already exist!

The syntax of the file looks right though -- Got me -- anyone else?

** Edit **
In the first line of the /proc/mdstat file, there is an entry of "Personalities : [Raid0]"
I am not too sure if in Shells, the open bracket would be escaped, I know in Perl it would not and the regexp would die. Is this Personalities: line something new (I am running 2.4.19 with various patches - not Gentoo-sources). Can someone with Gentoo sources confirm wether or not this line is new.

Thanks

-G
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: