View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyevee99
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evolution uses 1.0 (well, if I install 1.1 evolution breaks, put it that way). How can I get evolution to work with 1.1?

cheers,
ryan
rac
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post originally appeared in this thread.
Instinct
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think more information is needed. How are things breaking? I currently use mozilla 1.1 and evolution ( 1.0.8 ) without problems. But I might not be using it the same way as you... elaborate.
eyevee99
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:01 am    Post subject: as far as I know I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary Reply with quote

I emerged mozilla 1.0 rc3
I then emerged evolution 1.0.8

At this point i am unaware that evolution apparently has a dependency on mozilla

All is well.

Mozilla 1.1 was released, so I emerge -C mozilla and installed Mozilla 1.1 manually in /usr/local/mozilla or /usr/lib/mozilla can't recall which one, whichever ISN'T the mozilla install default (because installing there it didn't run).

When I run evolution most of the window contents show up, I get a summary page if I'm lucky, but no folder views work etc.

If I uninstall mozilla 1.1 and re emerge mozilla 1.0 rc3 evolution is is restored to full working order.

Cheers,
Ryan
Instinct
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very strange... I didn't even know evolution depended on mozilla. I also think it's weird that a standard emerge to 1.1 didn't work for you. From what I remember I'm pretty sure I had mozilla 1.1beta emerged when I installed evolution, and then when it became available I emerged 1.1 and things went smoothly.

With my limited knowledge about the only thing I could suggest is backing up your ~/.mozilla and ~/evolution directories and removing both apps completely, emerging mozilla 1.1 and then evolution and then restoring those directories to get your settings back. Or perhaps wait for someone else to come along with a better idea. :)

The only thing I can say for sure is that they do work together fine for me with a standard emerge. Aside from evolution randomly forgetting one of my email accounts passwords, but I think that's unrelated. :)

good luck...
eyevee99
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Ijust emerge -C mozilla and evolution and re emerged them and now it works fine.

shrug.

:)

thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: