I can't build alsa-driver-1.0.2c
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikecore
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: I can't build alsa-driver-1.0.2c Reply with quote

I am trying to get sound working on my laptop HP pavilion zv5034us

I have the 2.6.3 r1 kernel with alsa build as modules

I'm not sure exactly was sound card is on this laptop when I do a "grep audio /proc/pci"

it comes back with " multimedia audio controller: PCI devices 1002 :4341 (ATI technologies INC) (rev 0) "

so I "assume" <---"im an ass" that it is an ATI onboard sound card. and when I went to alsa sight to look for the module it only has one for the ATI and that is "snd-atiixp"

so back to the "Gentoo" alsa guide and it says to emerge the alsa driver but for the 2.6.3 kernel it says you have to use the alsa-driver-1.0.2c or higher. these are masked so i used the ACCEPT_KEYWORD="~x86" to emerge it but it fails.

with "No such file " and its looking for /usr/src/linux-2.6.3-gentoo-r1/arch/x86/Makefile

it also says it failed to build "media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.3 " when I called "alsa-driver-1.0.2c"

this is all way above me so could some please explain all this to me why it wont emerge the build I tell to and why is this file missing ? and is this the reason this e-build is masked and if so why does the tut tell us to use? thanks for the help I "lost"
hardcore
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't emerge alsa-drivers for a 2.6 kernel. You already have them within the kernel sources, make sure you select the correct driver when you compile your sources, and make sure you select module.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: