View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
=X¥®µ§=
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: tremas, euro,... nothing works Reply with quote

hey
Problem: My euro character doesn't work, and my tremas don't work in all programs
eg ï is "i in kmail, and doesn't even work in the console.
I googled, searched these forums etc, and I found a lot but nothing that can help me...
A lot of German posts about the subject - why not post in english so you can help everybuddy and not just people that speak German???

Does anyone have a link, manual or explanation how to have my keyboard work on each program?? (being console, all distributions, all applications)
I'm using the belgian layout (be-latin1) in my rc.conf.

Also one (minor) other thing that really nobody seems to know: how can I access all ascii characters from my keyboard? (chars like the non breaking space, and the ones used in my nick... the M$ equivalent is alt+0xxx)

I really hope someone can help me out here!
thx a lot
pilla
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: tremas, euro,... nothing works Reply with quote

Take it easy!!! 8)

You can use kde i18n to get the configurations for French/Flaman (sorry, don't know how to spell Flaman)

I'm using KDE Keyboard tool to get accents in KDE. Maybe you could set it to be-latin1

=X¥®µ§= wrote:
hey
Problem: My euro character doesn't work, and my tremas don't work in all programs
eg ï is "i in kmail, and doesn't even work in the console.
I googled, searched these forums etc, and I found a lot but nothing that can help me...
A lot of German posts about the subject - why not post in english so you can help everybuddy and not just people that speak German???

Does anyone have a link, manual or explanation how to have my keyboard work on each program?? (being console, all distributions, all applications)
I'm using the belgian layout (be-latin1) in my rc.conf.

Also one (minor) other thing that really nobody seems to know: how can I access all ascii characters from my keyboard? (chars like the non breaking space, and the ones used in my nick... the M$ equivalent is alt+0xxx)

I really hope someone can help me out here!
thx a lot
=X¥®µ§=
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the primary variant from nodeadkeys to basic and now ï and euro works in kdemail, but the euro char still doesn't work in opera

what's i18n? and where can I set that to be-latin1?

why is it so hard to use the same character set for ALL linux???
in windows you set your local settings once, and on the console and all applications things work...

Is there actually anyone that HAS the euro symbol and ï working in console, all apps and all distros? Are there tutorials about this subject?

plz help me out here
*confused*
stefanvt
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I had to do was set in /etc/X11/XF86Config the following option in the Keyboard section: Option "XkbLayout" "be",

That takes care of X ...

Also, to get your €-sign working right you should set applications that support it to use codepage iso8859-15 in stead of iso8859-1

Tip: there IS a Dutch and French forum on this site ...
Make it idiot proof and somebody will make you a better idiot
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: