View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pranyi
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danip wrote:
people just need to quit making everything so fucking politically correct i fucking hate it. you have reatards in the aclu suing over the master and slave settings on hard drives fucking dumb. yeah thrats right i said retard somebody want to sue me now?

Yes, but not because of PC.

Recently, I patented the word "retard" and you used it unauthorized.
RevolutionaryIconoclast
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaLi wrote:
RevolutionaryIconoclast wrote:

I see you accuse me of being a coward without saying why except that I am a "bigot".

Fancy ass martial arts are uselss against a huge ass tank.

done.

next question please :)

Why? Tanks are excellent for destroying large numbers of dissidents.
Dolio
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys should really just stop responding to RevolutionaryIconoclast. His beliefs are just that, beliefs. They're not really based on logical deduction from provable facts, any more than any beliefs really can be at their core.

You're just inviting him to offend you by talking to him, and he's obviously getting a hard-on from pissing everyone here off. So you might as well ignore him. Trolling is no fun if people just ignore it.
TaLi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true because when someone mentions hand to hand combat or a 1 on 1 fight the first thing a courageous man says is "lemme go get my tank to hide behind" :)
RevolutionaryIconoclast
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolio wrote:
You guys should really just stop responding to RevolutionaryIconoclast. His beliefs are just that, beliefs. They're not really based on logical deduction from provable facts, any more than any beliefs really can be at their core.

You're just inviting him to offend you by talking to him, and he's obviously getting a hard-on from pissing everyone here off. So you might as well ignore him. Trolling is no fun if people just ignore it.

Close, but wrong. If you don't like what I have to say, don't respond to me.

I'm not trolling, though. I'm merely defending my views. If you don't like them, tough. You guys are the ones who insult me. I only insult in response to insults.
RevolutionaryIconoclast
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaLi wrote:
true because when someone mentions hand to hand combat or a 1 on 1 fight the first thing a courageous man says is "lemme go get my tank to hide behind" :)

No, fool, I was ininsuating that in war martial arts aren't everything. Stop trying to twist what I have to say.
TaLi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg I do indeed apologize, in my haste to view your next eloquent response, my profusely inferior intellect didn't quite catch the underlying revelation of such a brilliantly composed statement. :)

RevolutionaryIconoclast
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaLi wrote:
omg I do indeed apologize, in my haste to view your next eloquent response, my profusely inferior intellect didn't quite catch the underlying revelation of such a brilliantly composed statement. :)

Alright then, its cool man 8)
TaLi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha you're bored too huh :P
RevolutionaryIconoclast
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody needs to answer my question on how to get this monitor working with radeon. For some reason it syncs out with the exact same settings when I switch it from vesa. The topic can be found on the Desktop board.

Look on the bright side; if anyone answers that question I'll leave here sooner :)
curtis119
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Toledo, Ohio,USA, North America, Earth, SOL System, Milky Way, The Universe, The Cosmos, and Beyond.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolio wrote:

Close, but wrong. If you don't like what I have to say, don't respond to me.

I'm not trolling, though. I'm merely defending my views. If you don't like them, tough. You guys are the ones who insult me. I only insult in response to insults.

RevolutionaryIconoclast is right. This thread is to discuss gay marriage and all it's implications. If RevolutionaryIconoclast's Cult - ahh I mean - Religion effects his opinion then it is valid. Besides, I'm having fun finding answers and rebuttals to his questions and opinions.

Maybe someone else who thinks like him will read what we say in response to him and change their mind on the subject. Or at least think about it for themselves instead of just blindly believing what their church and redneck Dad tells them.

Lastly, for those of us in the United States, this issue pertains to personal freedom, liberty and the persuit of happiness. I consider freedom of speech to be even more important than the right to marry and will defend RevolutionaryIconoclast's rights even if he won't defend mine. But that's what makes me a good American - and human.
RevolutionaryIconoclast
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go look up the word "iconoclast" in your dictionary.

:lol:
jetblack
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody needs to answer my question on how to get this monitor working with radeon. For some reason it syncs out with the exact same settings when I switch it from vesa. The topic can be found on the Desktop board.

Look on the bright side; if anyone answers that question I'll leave here sooner :)

I think I read somewhere that the radeon only works if you're gay and married.
RevolutionaryIconoclast
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetblack wrote:

I think I read somewhere that the radeon only works if you're gay and married.

I think that is for the WinXP radeon drivers.
curtis119
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Toledo, Ohio,USA, North America, Earth, SOL System, Milky Way, The Universe, The Cosmos, and Beyond.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONE!!!!!

And thanks for calling 'The Gay Tech Support Service'. Have a Nice day.

Honestly though, I did answer your question, hope it helps. Those radeons are a bitch sometimes.
RevolutionaryIconoclast
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't work. The only thing that happened that was different was that X crashed the entire system once it loaded, but the same black out-of-sync screen.

I'm going to see if Knoppix can detect the right settings.
RevolutionaryIconoclast
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolio wrote:
Quote:
Maybe someone else who thinks like him will read what we say in response to him and change their mind on the subject. Or at least think about it for themselves instead of just blindly believing what their church and redneck Dad tells them.

That would be nice, but it's my opinion that discussions like these almost never lead to people actually changing their beliefs. People tend to just butt heads, get all hot and bothered, and walk away having a worse day than they otherwise would have. You almost never see one side convincing the other that they are wrong.

But, you're entitled to be more optimistic than I am. :)

I don't think he should be prevented from speaking. I just think the reason he's speaking is to make people pissed, so if you ignore him, he'll stop talking, and people won't get angry. That sounds a bit circuiar, but I guess it works. He insists he isn't a troll, but that's what all trolls say, so its really hard to figure out what's really going on.

Anyhow, as far as I'm concerned people have already shown his arguments to be somewhat logically inconsistant, but, like you, I enjoy reading arguments. That's why I'm still here at all. :)

If I was a troll I would pretend to be a southern baptist. Most people here are probably atheists.

Dolio
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If I was a troll I would pretend to be a southern baptist. Most people here are probably atheists.

Taking either extreme is a pretty safe bet, as the last 3 or so pages of this thread show. :)

The views you express are radical enough to alienate pretty much everyone here to some degree (denying the existence of love and such, which I'm sure most people take as given from their experience), so your stance is actually better than the Southern Baptists from a trolling perspective (assuming you're going for maximum flame potential).

I suppose technically it's not trolling if you actually believe what you're saying, but that follows the letter and not necessarily the spirit of the definition. I doubt the KKK puts white crosses next to Chrstmas displays just because they believe in free speech. They want to provoke people into giving them attention. You might call them trolls.
RevolutionaryIconoclast
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KKK is a laughable organization that doesn't even know why they hate the people they do.

I suppose I do alienate from most people, but that's their fault, not mine :)
TaLi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a raised Baptist.... altho have taken on beliefs not yet those of the main stream church.

and what is it that sets you apart from regular iconclasts what makes you revolutionary, whats your bold new statement and idology that serperates you from the rest.

And yeah Ima do some research on your latop problem and get back to you when I find some relevant info :)
homeobocks
Guru
Guru

Location: I'm from Canada, and they say I'm a little slow . . . eh?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaLi wrote:
I am a raised Baptist.... altho have taken on beliefs not yet those of the main stream church.
Ah, I see . . . Baptism is the development branch of the Christianity tree? :lol:
TaLi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:P

haha none of which go directly against my faith, but I have chosen to read and interpret in a manner that is applied against what I have learned and experienced in my life thus far and not the interpretation of a stranger that I know nothing of and in turn knows nothing of me, I try and apply logic as a companion to faith. There seems to be somewhat an abandonment of logic in current mainstream christianity, well atleast from my experiences and observation. :)
curtis119
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaLi wrote:
I have chosen to read and interpret in a manner that is applied against what I have learned and experienced in my life thus far and not the interpretation of a stranger that I know nothing of and in turn knows nothing of me, I try and apply logic as a companion to faith.

Thinking for yourself and applying logic is considered heretical in the Southern Baptist Church (when it applies to the faith itself).

I know this because both sides of my family are Southern Baptist and Pentacostal. I got in trouble a few times in Boys Brigade (The baptist version of Boy Scouts) when I was younger for

Quote:
Questioning the Word of God!!!!!!

The excessive exclamation points are in fact not excessive at all. I should have capitalized it and used a 72 point font. :twisted:

But this is tangential to the subject at hand...Oh well.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: