Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Partition Check freeze during install (Dell CPi-A)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silvaran
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 4:23 pm    Post subject: Partition Check freeze during install (Dell CPi-A) Reply with quote

I tried booting off the 132MB 1.1a Gentoo image on my laptop. Everything appears to be fine until it reaches the Partition check:

Partition check:
/dev/bus0/device0/cant/remember/what/this/is

I have a 6GB drive partitioned into 3.7/.3/2.0 which are all of type NTFS (for now). All partitions are primary, and I have Windows XP installed on the first, the pagefile.sys on the second, and nothing on the third. The HD LED lights up and stays on, until I reboot. Hmm... what else... not much of what I can think of. I've successfully installed Red Hat 7.2 and Polish Linux Distribution on this laptop, but not necessarily with Windows XP installed prior... Am just having problems with Gentoo (or the kernel it uses). Any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had this message on my IPC-Laptop. But if only first time after booting from hard drive. I simply Pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del and the System booted again without this error.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: