"ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY..."
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adelie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 5:47 am    Post subject: "ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY..." Reply with quote

what's this! i attempted emerging 'gtk-xemacs' and i was thrown this log file violation msg.

i'm a bit inept here: i don't know how to capture the entire msg and write it here.

but would anyone be remotely familiar with this type of msg?

thx.

adelie
tod
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

This is indicative of a 'sandbox' violation. A sandbox violation is considered a bug of the ebuild. A sandbox violation occurs when the build of a package attempts to inappropriately access the live filesystem (usually, but not always, a 'write') outside of the tempory install image, i.e. /usr/var/tmp/portage/${PF}/image.

You can find a log file of the actual violations that occur under /tmp
Since this is considered a bug, it would be useful for you to submit a bug report to bugs.gentoo.org and attach the sandbox log file.

Note: You can over-ride the sandbox trap by removing 'sandbox' from the FEATURES= variable found at the bottom of your /etc/make.conf file.
I would only do this if you have studied the sand box log file and determined that the violations won't bork your system. Portage will not be aware of any files written outside the tmp install image.

hth

tod
adelie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 4:16 pm    Post subject: thx Reply with quote

tod wrote:
Hi!

This is indicative of a 'sandbox' violation. A sandbox violation is considered a bug of the ebuild. A sandbox violation occurs when the build of a package attempts to inappropriately access the live filesystem (usually, but not always, a 'write') outside of the tempory install image, i.e. /usr/var/tmp/portage/${PF}/image.

You can find a log file of the actual violations that occur under /tmp
Since this is considered a bug, it would be useful for you to submit a bug report to bugs.gentoo.org and attach the sandbox log file.

Note: You can over-ride the sandbox trap by removing 'sandbox' from the FEATURES= variable found at the bottom of your /etc/make.conf file.
I would only do this if you have studied the sand box log file and determined that the violations won't bork your system. Portage will not be aware of any files written outside the tmp install image.

hth

tod
8)

now don't i feel special. I will get this bug report done, and thanks again!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: