Rsync question and gentoo builds
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jocco
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:53 am    Post subject: Rsync question and gentoo builds Reply with quote

Lo,

Do I have to run emerge rsync previous to updating my system and world? I'm finding that I get more results to updating system and world once I run emerge rsync. Also, when is the next version of Gentoo hitting the shelves? I'm seeing alot of talk about version 1.4. I swear If I somehow missed version 1.3 I will have myself "shaved sterilized and destroyed" for being lame ass.

Peace love dope.

J.
arkane
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when you emerge rsync, what your doing is going out to one of the mirror servers and seeing what the latest ebuilds are... downloading the latest and the greatest. If you don't do an emerge rsync before you do any other activity with emerge, your dealing with stale ebuilds. (well, once a day is usually good enough)

As far as 1.4, it's still beta and will include gcc3.2. 1.3 was the testbed for 1.4, much like the Linux kernel numbering. (odd = development, even = release)
Nobodies really sure when 1.4 is hitting the servers, they are still working on it. Word is it was supposed to be released Sept. 1st, but by some dumb luck it'll probably be released...

Sept. 11th.

ugh. LOL
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: