svgalib-1.4.3-r1 Question
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gir
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:46 pm    Post subject: svgalib-1.4.3-r1 Question Reply with quote

From what I can tell from this this thread, svgalib-1.4.3-r1 should be unmasked and building fine for PPC. However, this thread (posted on the same day...) I get the impression that svgalib is fubar'd on PPC and won't be fixed any time soon (esp since the svgalib developer isn't working on 1.4.x releases but has focused on 2.x development).

Therefore, the question: What is the state of svgalib on PPC? It was unmasked when I started my gentoo install process (a week or so ago...) and it has now been masked. I can understand why it's masked -- it failed to build on my system the few times I tried it when it wasn't masked.

Since it's required by KDE (kdeaddons-3.0.3) what will I be lacking if kdeaddons doesn't merge on my system. I'd assume that, given the "addons" suffix of the package, it is not essential but I would like to make sure before I start the wonderfully long compilation process of emerging kde.
Gerk
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are correct, svgalib-1.4.x is horribly not workign on PPC and not likely to. The reason it was likely unmasked when you started the install process is that the original version of portage you had didn't use KEYWORDS to do masking, but since you upgraded it is now masked.

If kdeaddons requires this i will fix it so it doesn't as it shouldn't need it in any way shape or form for PPC (I'm running fine without it).

Gerk
Gerk
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, if your kdeaddons is pulling svgalib, make sure that you don't have svga in your USE settings (as it doesn't work on PPC anyway)
gir
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would explain it... thanks for the notice. make.conf has been updated!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: