Test for chinese input and display in this forum
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Languages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ejlinux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:32 am    Post subject: Test for chinese input and display in this forum Reply with quote

I post a chinese message but it did not show up correctly in this forum. I try to use zh_CN.UTF-8 to test again to see if this time it is OK or not?

我正在用中文输入。此时一切正常,但不知能否正确显示?
ismark
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:00 am    Post subject: Chinese can't display here..... Reply with quote

Hi, I am from Hong Kong. I am new using "gentoo" but still can't build KDE environment....

How about you? Are you succesful using "gentoo"?
ejlinux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Yes, I can use it Reply with quote

Hi,

I can use gentoo since 1.1a. Now I am using Gentoo 1.2 with KDE 3.0.2 and Gnome 2.0. I also manage to get the chinese input work, but just for simplified chinese. I did not try xcin yet.
lk42pro
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: Yes, I can use it Reply with quote

ejlinux wrote:
Hi,

I can use gentoo since 1.1a. Now I am using Gentoo 1.2 with KDE 3.0.2 and Gnome 2.0. I also manage to get the chinese input work, but just for simplified chinese. I did not try xcin yet.

how did you get chinese input to work in gentoo? can you write out the steps?
ejlinux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:48 pm    Post subject: steps to get chinese input Reply with quote

I installed xsim-0.3.4 from sourceforge.net. Then I had to export XMODIFIERS=@im=XSIM and export LANG=zh_CN and start xsim& in a terminal window. After that you can start some program which support XIM to input chinese. I can input chinese in galeon, gedit, kmail, kedit. If I start mlterm, I can also input chinese in VIM.
JeroenV
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Anyone got Chinput working? I installed ZWinPro from source, but I seem to have font problems, even though I changed Chinput.ad to use gb2312 fonts I have installed.

The reason I like Chinput is because it's intelligent (I've used it under SuSE), so I can type words of more characters at once. (I need this, because my chinese is limited :roll: )

Xie xie
May The Source be with you!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Languages All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: