mutella + readline issues
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n0n
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:42 pm    Post subject: mutella + readline issues Reply with quote

I'd like to emerge net-p2p/mutella-0.4 (although I'll probably grab the 0.4.1 ebuild from here), but as it turns out, it's masked. The commends in package.mask say: "Masked because readline-4.2 is masked in default-1.0." But as it turns out, readline-4.2 doesn't show up anywhere in my package.mask . . . I have a 4.2 ebuild in sys-libs, and if I try emerging the actual ebuild file, it'll let me, but just doing an "emerge readline" just reinstalls the version I currently have (4.1-r4) . . . Anybody know what's up with these?

(Edit: fixed a parenthetical error . . . DOH!)
n0n
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, now I begin to understand the "default-1.0" bit, now that I noticed the line "*<sys-libs/readline-4.2" in /usr/portage/profiles/default-1.0/packages. Interesting. Okay, so another tangentially related question: It seems that /usr/portage/profiles/default-1.0/packages was copied over to /etc/make.profile/packages, which is what Portage is using to tell me I shouldn't install readline-4.2 and up. When does this file get copied over? The timestamp on my /etc/make.profile/packages is from a few weeks ago, so it's obviously been updated sometime . . . And how would I select a different profile to use, if I wanted? Just copy over the appropriate one from /usr/portage/profiles? Not that I'm planning to do that, but I'm quite curious now.
n0n
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, this is turning out to be another one of those days where, were I to just wait a few seconds before posting, I could have just answered my own question.

After looking around the gcc3.2 thread, I noticed that /etc/make.profile is just a symlink, and evidentally if I felt like changing profiles, I could just update that link. So. Rock. We now return you to your regularly scheduled forums . . .
rizzo
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j0.

I'm up on this same problem. Are you on gcc3.2? I'm still on 2.95. I tried symlinking to default-1.0_rc6 but now it tells me that all possible packages for ncurses are masked. meh.

I'd like to just wipe this box and go with gentoo 1.4 on reiserfs. 45 minutes fscks are not fun.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: