Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Apache 2 + php 4: Did anybody made it work?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuxisuau
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 4:12 am    Post subject: Apache 2 + php 4: Did anybody made it work? Reply with quote

There's no official support for apache2 in php 4.2.2 but i've heard somewhere that is possible to install it.

Is it possible to use mod_php?

If not, or if you know, How do I install it as a cgi?
EPrime
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to compile Apache 2.0.39 with mod_php 4.2.1 from source (using gcc 2.95 on Mandrake). For Apache, I used:

Code:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-port=80 --enable-static-support --with-mpm=worker --enable-modules=all --enable-so --with-z=/usr/lib --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl/lib --enable-mods-shared="auth_anon deflate expires headers info mime_magic proxy rewrite speling ssl php perl"

And for mod_php I used:

Code:
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-pear --enable-safe-mode --with-openssl --with-zlib=shared --with-bz2=shared --enable-ftp=shared --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql

You can probably skip specifying the paths to libraries (zlib, ssl, mysql, postgres) and might want to drop some of the --with stuff depending on your setup and desires.

Note: this did not work with 2.0.40 and mod_php 4.2.2, but might with a newer cvs snapshot of the php source. Give me a few days and I can post my findings when trying on the Gentoo box (now using gcc 3.2 :D).
EPrime
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing - there's actually an ebuild for Apache2, you just need to unmask it by editing file /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask before emerge allows you to install it.

It might be masked for a good reason - such as it doesn't work or compile. Also, I have no idea how Gentoo handles having both 1.3 and 2.0 installed (since 2.0 is probably an upgrade rather than a new package), so if this is your plan installing from source into a separate location may be the best solution (mine is actually in /chroot/apache2).
dreamer3
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want Apache2 + PHP4... unmask Apache 2 and emerge... I had to create a symlink in the files dir from 2.0.40 to 2.0.43 to get it to emerge.

I went ahead an unmasked mod_PHP 4.2.3 although 4.2.2 should work. You will need to modify the configure section to appear like this:

Code:
./configure \
        --with-apxs2="/usr/lib/apache2/bin/apxs -ltiff" \

Note, PHP 4.2.x support for Apache 2 is still experimental though evidentally quite a few people are using it with much success. My emerge of mod_php-4.2.3 just completed successfully. :-)

EDIT: Ok, the ebuild needs a little more tweaking (all the files get put in the wrong places for Apache 2) and the auto-config is only for Apache 1.x so you'll have to edit some config files by hand to get it working, but at least it compiles :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: