Quick Search: in
Goodbye Gentoo
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Goodbye Gentoo Reply with quote

After 3 weeks of installing, uninstalling, formatting and re-installing gentoo trying to get sound to work with either ogle, or xine or mplayer and even trying to get my ACPI or APM working on my Toshiba satellite 1800 labtop.. well i finally give up on gentoo.

I followed the install docs to the T about 50 times, and i must say that everything else worked great. i mean i got xmms playing mp3, cds, and everything else gnome sound also works great BUT i need video and the only thing that i managed to get working was videolan.

Thanks and kudos to the Gentoo team for putting a very nice and fast (really fast) distro. too bad it just isnt working for me .

I will try gentoo again probably next year.

for now it is SuSE 8.0 professional on my labtop not as fast or streamlined BUT everything works

pss.. I am not a newbie.

Cheers

Alex
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodbye Gentoo Reply with quote

Alex wrote:
well i finally give up on gentoo.

Sorry to hear Gentoo didn't work for you. Hope you at least filled out some bug reports to help make Gentoo better.

Best of luck.

--kurt
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: