WineX binary/cvs
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glawe
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:03 am    Post subject: WineX binary/cvs Reply with quote

I have a small question, is it posible to get the precompiled binaries of winex to work under gentoo ? ofcource i 'could' install the cvs version, but i really want the copyprotection code to work since i got a few original games that are supposed to work under winex, also if it doesnt work, is there some kind of tutorial/files somewhere on how to set up an cvs build of winex (after emerge), *note: i dont have any windows partitions what soever on my box, im running pure gentoo on my box, ive been told just to point the config to my windows dir on irc, but when i say i dont have it installed they think im stupid or something.. hehe*
ShadyMilkman
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is possible. I have not done it(don't wanna spend the money), but if I were to do it, here's how I would:

emerge rpm
get the .rpm file from transgaming, it doesn't really matter which version.
do rpm -i winex_binaries_i386.rpm or whatever it's called. Also, try the -nodeps (or is it --nodeps? [sorry I don't use rpm so I'm not really sure]) otherwise it's probably gonna complain about not having certain rpms in stalled(but the equivalants are probably already merged).

Next, don't worry about not having a windows drive. Occasionaly a game will require a dll that's supposed to be in your windows drive, in that case just search for it and download it. The default winex emerge should create a fake_windows directory in ~/.winex and set it up to use that, and that should be just fine.
felysium
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download and unpack the winex-2.1-1.tgz (=tar.gz) file. It works pefectly here with gentoo.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: