View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordkur
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: HELP NEEDED!!!! ACX111 Reply with quote

Hello friends!!!

I want to install gentoo in my box. I 've done this thousand of times before. This time I found a challenging issue!!!! . I cannot install nothing since I have a wireless connection now. I have a Texas Instrument acx 111 Chip. I need
your great suggestions and ideas on how to do this. I need to do my installation from stage one, I need to find a way to get driver and load it as a module....

PLEASE ---I NEED IDEAS!!!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE
FreeFly42
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've been through the installation before then you probably have a working Linux box you can use to compile the driver. If you really want to do the installation with the network working you'll have to create a custom boot cd. There are several threads with howtos for that. I've done it a couple of time to get an emergency boot cd for my root-lvm system. I don't recommend it, however. I think You'll wind up making a bunch of coasters before you finally get a kernel configuration that will work properly for your hardware.

My recommendation would be to do a minimal installation off-line until you can compile the kernel including the acx100/acx111 patches, then you can upgrade or maintain the system. Once you have it working, then make a bootable cd with your custom kernel (else you won't be able to get net access to help troubleshooting a problem).

Planes are dangerous, get out of 'em quick
lordkur
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: ACX 111 and gentoo install Reply with quote

First and foremost ...thanks!!!!. I will try to do a mininal installation and then compile a custom kernel so I can do my own bootable live CD to get this working . I will keep u informed about this issue. I will accept another ideas .

Thanks!!!!
soigres
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes yes yes... but if i want to install gentoo from livecd, what i have to do?
help me, please!
flipy
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did anyone tried the ebuild? it's not working here, it hangs my comp at boot, and if not, it causes a segmentation fault if i do "iwconfig". maybe this is caused by my arch amd64?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: