Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
norc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I too hate Counter Strike. Too many teenagers play the game, cheat, deny they cheat and then accuse other of cheating. It's very very annoying to have a good game.

<--- i think many teenager plays better cs than any other people.
and the cheating... i think there are anticheatclients.... if u had a antichearserver, u could have used this prog...
i think Americas Army is better than CS. If u like AA, then CS is only crap...
;)
migs
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: If it isnt limited to VG Reply with quote

Magic the Gathering SuCKS!!! it was good years ago but now it became so lame and dull...

Viva L5R
bennettp
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skunkworx wrote:
Hmm... is this limited to video games?

If not, "Magic: The Gathering" gets my vote!
Magic was made into at least one (crap) video game... If I'd ever bothered to play it, I'm sure it'd be on my "most hated videogames" list!

And here's my 2c on CS: When I played it, I thought it was pretty good. But that was only once, and I've NEVER played it on a public server, just on a LAN. We had one guy who used wall hacks and got kicked out of the venue for it.
Registered Linux User #363420
bennettp
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and as for the anticheat clients, punkbuster works pretty damn well in enemy-territory. You still get the odd a**hole who likes to team-kill, etc, but its not much of a problem.
Registered Linux User #363420
(l)user
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Doom 3 because there is no linux port yet.
Registered Linux user #302020
Gadu Gadu #490092
kitsunenokenja
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(l)user wrote:
I hate Doom 3 because there is no linux port yet.

You might want to retract that statement now! :lol:
shiny
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HATE RAGNAROK because it killed my last relationship. she played it all day and night long for more than half a year :evil: damn, that sucked

sorry for language but had to be :x

oh and my avatar shows on of my fav games :wink:
IntergalacticWalrus
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to hate DOOM III now. I bought the game thinking a client would be out in a week or two, but it eventually came out more than a month after I finished the game in Windows, and it still bears the retarded "mmap'ed OSS" sound backend that appears to be a trademark of id Software now.
Jammet
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electronic Arts. I hate EA. They ruined Origin (Ultima) and many other studios and games.

Well, if it has to be a game, and one that hasn't been mentioned before - I loathe Mario - something. Don't you just hate that character? Nintendo ought to introduce some new characters.

Furthermore, no Sports games, especially not from EA. Sports is a lot more fun when you actually do it lots =^_~=.
Pajarico
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Blizzard games.
-Every FPS that requires consumption of speed to be allowed to play on network.
-All of the Wipeout series, doesn't make sense to me.
-Silent Hill series: boooooring and repetitive, the movements of the player sucks.
Quasimojo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daganoth wrote:
I'll throw in two games which are an afront to all that is right and moral in this world. First, Everquest. I probably need a third hand to count the number of friends who were lost for a couple of years by that game. And its not like they had level 50 characters who were raiding the primal plans of my ass. No, instead they spent waking hours of the night building level 30 characters and starting over. Damn power gamers.

Holy cow! I'm of the completely opposite opinion on that one. EQ was like my favorite game of all time, though it has admittedly lost much of its luster in its old age. Also, it sounds like I was just like your friends. I played that game for over 3 years and my highest level character was just a 58 bard. I spent the majority of my time playing a wide range of characters, none of which broke level 40. My favorite part of the game was easily the wide range of unique classes and races, each very fun and interesting in their own way.

Oddly enough, I thought that very approach made me a *non*-power gamer. :)

As far as least favorite game of all time - the game that left me thinking about that portion of my life I can never get back - would be Star Wars Galaxies, hands down. With no other game have I ever felt so neglected, used and hoodwinked by the game company.
Jammet
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay how's this for an afront:

I loathe World of Warcraft.

No really, I do. For the same reason somebody else would hate any game that literally steals people away from your life - and their own lives as well. Not that they're all addicted miserable failures BUT ... I have repeatedly lost people whom I care about to such online MMORPGs. And World of Warcraft is the current worst "enemy of reallife" there is.

Sometimes I wish these games would enforce that epilepsy warning what's written in the manual: Every hour or so, relax for a while.

That would give them plenty of time to think or remember that there is a living, breathing world around them for real, inhabited by people that they should be talking to from time to time.
Aynjell
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wishkah wrote:
I hate games like Monkey Island or Day of the Tentacle.

May your sould burn in hell! 8O
RAM: 2 x OCZ Gold 1024 DDR500 3-4-3-7 (2048)
HDD: Western Digital Raptor
scorpion7700
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: WoW Reply with quote

I haven't played World of Warcraft, but I have had a friend consumed by it. He would refuse to hang out with the rest of us because he had to play WoW. On the other hand, he's been starting to piss me off in general lately, so maybe I should just let him succumb to his addiction. As for games I've actually played, LEGO Racers (I can't remember if it was 1 or 2) REALLY sucked. I practically had to move heaven and earth to get it to run. I think my sister finally got it going and told me that it was hard to use. It seems that official LEGO software sucks in general. Also, I'd like to second the hating on EA. Just look what they did to the Command and Conquer series. Instead of giving us a new installment in the original series, they give us Generals (or, perhaps more accurately, Age of Generals or Generalcraft). Why couldn't they just leave Westwood alone? Jerks.
sirdilznik
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate anything to do with Steam. It's too bad, because the games themselves (Half0Life 2, etc...) are great, but Steam is nothing but problems.
patson
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hate Counter-Strike... it seems to be nothing but a big idiot-magnet, the contest being who's able to download the latest cheats the fastest... it was fun, in something like 2001 or so (around version 1.3), but only for a few minutes... then it got repetitive.

I also hate Valve - when you got Steam working under Wine, the next patch would fix nothing, and break wine compatibility... so you wait a few months to get a working version of Wine, and played for a few days, then the next patch made it non-working (and fixed nothing). This was in 2003 or 2004 - it really made me angry... I promptly forgot all about Steam and Half-Life... Thing is, that is one company that outright refuses to support Linux... could it be, that they're afraid of the cheaters getting better debuggers to use, or maybe that they don't want such a heterogenic platform to support, or... maybe.. that Microsoft has been financing their efforts, and they want to return the favour? After all, Steam provides access to some very popular games, and with games the Linux platform might gain wider acceptance. After all, the biggest thing keeping people back from the switch are the games.

I also had some hate-related issues with Need for Speed: Underground. Every f*cking time I mis-jumped and landed over a fence (in "air"), the car would ricochet as if I'd hit a wall.. same thing if I'm driving close to the wall, with no visible protrusions - suddenly the car would just ricochet into the air from an invisible bump. AND the fact that the computer players were ALWAYS right behind you, even though you'd seen them crash into a wall and stay 20 seconds behind or something... but if you went 20 seconds behind, you could kiss all chances of ever catching up to the competition goodbye.

aahh... was nice letting a bit of STEAM out... :)
eweneb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any game that has two characters standing there just beating the crap out of each other endlessly. No plot ... nothing. There are too many of these to name, but you know what I'm talking about.

"Any unnecessarily advanced technology is indistiguishable from masochism." -- Eric B. Ewen
rlittle
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master of Orion III. Hands down the most disappointing sequel ever. Just enough hard, inspired work went into it to make you think it was playable.... And the "highly sophisticated" Diplomacy part of the game: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!! thud. thud. thud. (sound of head hitting wall). :evil: :x :roll:

I have to stop now. I STILL find myself hoping they put out more patches. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.
lsdemon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: If it isnt limited to VG Reply with quote

migs wrote:
Magic the Gathering SuCKS!!! it was good years ago but now it became so lame and dull...

Viva L5R

sure it does. its a pc conversion of a CCG (collectible card game) and we all know the general rule is: sequels/conversion suck. on the other hand ive enjoyed massively fun and thrills with the real life card game some years ago, stopped following/buying the game after the weatherlight expansion tho so i dont know what is cooking in the MtG scene nowadays.
if you are interested however, this recipy for random chaotic fun we used to do on a regular base: it is called a sealed deck tournament. get a group of friends together, preferrably with one knowing some MtG rules. (make sure they all bring food & drink to the meeting place ;) ). for about 10-15 euros or dollars you can each buy 1 starter deck and 2 booster packs. this means: no veterans slapping the others silly with premade decks constructed from a vast selection of ultra rare cards, but make-do with whatever the random selection in the 3 packs surprises you with. chaos, silly situations, suspense and thrilling victories ahead ;)
the main point here would be: do some research when you come across a "new" game and you will notice that if they are conversions from a board game, the board game is *always* better.
i enjoyed NWN on linux tremendously too but in the end i saw the flaws of online MMRPGS: without decent live intervention of DMs the roleplaying soon vanishes and most of those games sink into a boring lvling -> item questing -> PvP -> repeat scheme.

tip: if you like RPG's, GET NEVERWINTER NIGHTS + the 2 expansions + the communty expansion. the game is getting on age now, wich shows in the gfx. it also means that it will run smoothly for most ppl, even without topnotch fresh hardware tho. and whats more important: bioware did one the of the most lovely things a game producer can do, they released tools with their game (the aurora toolset) to create own worlds, add scripting with a provided scripting language and a DM client for the game. not entirely the open source way, but it did gave nwn its major edge over other games in that genre imho. there are tons of *free* finely crafted worlds out there, servers with passionate active DMs that run adventures and sharing of resources like scripts aplenty.

but i wander...
to get on topic again : my shitlist for linux games would be:

1. counterstrike. no doubt about it. my first game online, wich i bought but gave away for free after 3 months. reason: ancient halflife engine that was riddled with abuse, i left the game because i was apalled by the number of cheaters.
2. WoW: reduced online RPGing to hack&slash mayhem. too much (no offence intended) kiddies with ditto language/behaviour, no active DM questing or much other factors to put the RP into MMORPG.
dont get me wrong, i adore RPGs and i am usually a powerplayer myself. but for cheap H&S i'd look more in the direction of say the diablo or the dungeon siege series. and for roleplay theres the much better suited tabletop. and as mentioned above: it will eat yer soul. im hoping to retrieve some of my friends but WoW will be hard to excorcice.
3. ut2003. after my cs hangover i landed in ut99. took a month to get a total addiction to instagib ut99 , DM, CTF, domination... so my hopes for ut2003 were high. big mistake. good thing ut2004 alleviated a bit of the pain with the onslaught mod, but somehow i still miss that hardcore speedy ut99 feelin.
FcukThisGame
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: If it isnt limited to VG Reply with quote

migs wrote:

Yep... I played for a few years. Started around planeshift and ended after mirrodin block... All attemts of a video game of it were absolutely horrendous ::sigh::

DESKTOP:
i7-3770K|8800GTS-512|32GB|1x256GB SSD|4x1TB|HD/BDROM|1920x1200+1680x1050
Win8 Pro w/ Hyper-V|Server 2012 VM|Ubuntu VM|Gentoo VM

TABLET: Samsung Ativ 700t
i5-3317U|4GB|128GB SSD|1920x1080 Touch
Win8
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: If it isnt limited to VG Reply with quote

FcukThisGame wrote:
migs wrote:

Yep... I played for a few years. Started around planeshift and ended after mirrodin block... All attemts of a video game of it were absolutely horrendous ::sigh::
I enjoy playing it, at least locally it's alright it usually depends on what you want to do when you play. If you want casual-ish tournaments its' pretty easy since there's a lot of players around the world.
sdfg
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antibiotic wrote:
Final Fantasy 11.... I hate that game with all my passion. First off all, they slacked off in graphics aspect, big time. Lemme try to word it... Characters look like Mother Nature gave them birth out of her ass while having a violent migrane. To avoid further questions, look at Lineage2 website and see the difference. Having such graphical computing power at their disposal, designers really could fix the models up, big time. Whats up with tiny heads?? They look totally disproportional? If its an attempt to make characters look buff, its a really really sad one. And also, why male characters faces all look like they want to murder every living being, and all female characters are all smiling like they've just got laid?? What is it, some hidden sexual appeal at works? Gah...

Secondly, whats up with colours? First I looked at the screenshots, and I'm thinking to myself "Why everything is covered in cow waste?" That MUSTVE been bad screenshotting... And then I played the game, and I'm like "Hey, they ARE all covered in cow waste"... Honestly, whats up with that colour pallete... It really makes you think that the game was made by the bunch of melancholics who will hang themselves any minute because world is so dull and cruel.

And lastly and the most.... I HATE THOSE MIDGETS!!! Whatever the hell they're called there.... Those little hideous bastards, I think you know what I'm talking about here... For the love of god, which sick imagination created those abominations? What is it, some kind of japanese mad dwarf with Pikachu(tm) Retarded(tm) grin? AAAAAAAAAAAGH.... Christ...

Aaaanyway, I'm flushed with hate... I'll go kill myself now...Sounds like a plan.

You so win the prize for the most amusing post I have ever read on a forum, ever.
sdfg
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeTene wrote:
Counter-Strike by far.

As my 16-year old son says (make sure you put on that Scottish accent) : "That sucks big, hairy ones Da'." Certain clanners are cool & fun to play with, but the general CS-public really do need to wash the pubes out of their mouths...

...and this so get's the runner up prize.

"Shove it or ah'll chib ye!"
sonicbhoc
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Grand Theft Auto. Never played it, never will. It gave all of us gamers a bad name and gave Jack Thompson more ammuntion than he already had (although I think that guy is a total retard).
W.E.B. Du Bois
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverQuest. :x
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: