Linux kernel 3.10.* with nvidia drivers 319.32 howto
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djdunn
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Linux kernel 3.10.* with nvidia drivers 319.32 howto Reply with quote

simplified from multiple posts from here https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-963230.html?sid=c141c20e15e31aab94752fb086dce689

but here is how to patch it copy paste right into the command line. One nice thing about these instructions is that they only patch nvidia-drivers-319.32 and if you forget to take this stuff out nothing bad should happen, as in attempting to patch every version of nvidia-drivers

Code:
# mkdir -p /etc/portage/patches/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-319.32

# wget https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=102881 -O /etc/portage/patches/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-319.32/Linux-3.10.patch

# perl -pi -e "s/319.17/319.32/g" /etc/portage/patches/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-319.32/Linux-3.10.patch

next you need to put the following inside /etc/portage/bashrc with your favorite text editor, create it if you dont have it
Code:
post_src_unpack() {
if type epatch_user >& /dev/null; then
cd "${S}"
epatch_user
fi
}

make sure that you have nvidia-drivers-319.32 unmasked in /etc/portage/package.keywords/package.accept_keywords with your favorite text editor, this patch only works with version 319.32

Code:
=x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-319.32 ~amd64

now all you need to do is

Code:
# emerge -av nvidia-drivers

and everything should work

all thanks should go to the guys in the other post i just combined some things to keep it simple

edit:

works with 3.10.1
“Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the Universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good and just and beautiful.”

― Plato

Last edited by djdunn on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:20 am; edited 3 times in total
HL521
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, djdunn!
DawgG
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THX, worked for me, too.
Caze
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked for me.

Original command resulted in HTTP headers going to the file and the actual patch being downloaded to the directory I was in but once I copied it over it worked. Thanks for making this thread.
djdunn
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caze wrote:
Worked for me.

Original command resulted in HTTP headers going to the file and the actual patch being downloaded to the directory I was in but once I copied it over it worked. Thanks for making this thread.

Code:
# wget https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=102881 -O /etc/portage/patches/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-319.32/Linux-3.10.patch

that command downloadedto your working directory?
“Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the Universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good and just and beautiful.”

― Plato
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: