C++ problems, emerge libsigc++ fails
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elomire678
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 9:34 pm    Post subject: C++ problems, emerge libsigc++ fails Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that programs that used c++ would compile before, but lately they've been coming up with errors in config.. I have unmerged some packages before, but none that should take away c++. err.. help? I'm figuring that I'd have to remerge the package that gives me c++ but I'm not sure which one that is.. glibc and gcc?

checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ -march=i686 -O3 -pipe ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot create executables.
celtic_hack
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: C++ problems, emerge libsigc++ fails Reply with quote

elomire678 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that programs that used c++ would compile before, but lately they've been coming up with errors in config.. I have unmerged some packages before, but none that should take away c++. err.. help? I'm figuring that I'd have to remerge the package that gives me c++ but I'm not sure which one that is.. glibc and gcc?

checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ -march=i686 -O3 -pipe ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot create executables.

I have had to re-emerge the gcc twice now. It seems the default behavior is to compile only the c compiler, and neither c++ nor fortran. Fortran is of course required for gimp and c++ for X. Also the dependency for X and gimp don't precheck for f77 or c++ compilers. So some work probably needs to be done there. I had to modify the gcc ebuild file to include c++ and f77 in the enable-languages option line.

HTH,

One OS to rule them all ...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: