Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[NetworkManager] How to use tls-crypt-v2 with NM?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sinbiosis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:14 am    Post subject: [NetworkManager] How to use tls-crypt-v2 with NM? Reply with quote

Goal: Firstly, I am trying to import an OpenVPN config into NetworkManager so I have a secure VPN connection.
Issue: My problem is that I don't have an option to set the TLS mode to tls-crypt-v2 in NetworkManager.

Suspected Fix:
I believe the issue is related to a USE flag that I haven't enabled, but I don't know which USE flag to enable and on which package. I tried gnutls on net-misc/networkmanager, but that didn't expose a "tls-crypt-v2" option.

Package Versions:
My versions for the packages I know are relevant are as follows:
Code:
user@Host ~ % equery list networkmanager openvpn
 * Searching for networkmanager ...
[IP-] [  ] net-misc/networkmanager-1.42.6-r2:0

* Searching for openvpn ...
[IP-] [  ] net-vpn/openvpn-2.6.8:0

What Info I found:
My understanding is OpenVPN added support for tls-crypt-v2 back in v2.5.0 and NetworkManager added the tls-crypt-v2 option back in version 1.8.X. So I'm not sure what I'm missing that is hiding the option.

I did find this person was having issues with NetworkManager not importing .ovpn files with a tls-crypt-v2 tag, but I didn't get that issue with NM, only that NM imported my .ovpn, but left out the TLS mode selection for tls-crypt-v2. Curiously enough, NM did create a tls-crypt-v2 file that holds the correct info:
Code:
user@Host ~ % ls $PEM-FILE-LOCATION     
client-ca.pem  client-cert.pem  client-key.pem  client-tls-crypt-v2.pem

I have another computer that has Ubuntu and NM on that computer does have an option for tls-crypt-v2, so I know it exists.

Request:
Does anyone know what I need to change?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: