amdgpu crashing on resume from S3 sleep
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:57 am    Post subject: amdgpu crashing on resume from S3 sleep Reply with quote

I had that the other day when I woke up my laptop on battery. The display showed the deep black which occurs on system startup and when switching between graphical mode and frambuffer console, flickered a few times and couldn't light up. I could blindly switch to a fb device, login and reboot that way (typing without seeing anything).

Can anyone help, is this something I can address or does it look like an AMDGPU driver or kernel bug/regression?

This is in the log: https://pastebin.com/HcCMGNvj

After that there's firefox, gnome and other things crashing. I don't know if this happened immediately after the amdgpu failure or due to the system rebooting.

Recently I switched to no-initramfs kernel, having AMDGPU compiled into the kernel. Prior to that I would occasionally experience a similar problem, but switching between FB and Wayland would restore the graphics mode whenever the nvidia driver is also loaded (hybrid graphics here), which I believe causes the reinitialization of the graphic mode. Whenever the nvidia driver wasn't loaded I couldn't restore it that way, the picture was distorted, but I could at least see something to close the apps I was using and reboot.

This is the particular hardware on which it happens: https://www.productindetail.com/pn/lenovo-legion-5-pro-16ach6h-82jq#specs

Any comments and advice will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Georgi
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: